Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Mark,

If I don't have "Allow Deletions From Inside The Interface" enabled in the external Settings program, I see Play and Favorites on the episode details screen.  If I have it enabled, I see Play and Delete and More Options.

Should Favorites always display, regardless of the deletion setting?  I'm currently using Beta 1.7.9, but I've seen this issue for several builds now.

MoRBiD

Re: Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

Not sure exactly your situation, but the favorites option should always show. Are you asking if I can disable that in the main interface and just do it through the settings instead?

Re: Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Favorites is not showing if Delete is showing (when "Allow Deletions From Inside The Interface" is enabled).  When this parameter is disabled, Favorites shows.  It has been this way for several builds for me.  I use List View.  I'm not sure why others are not seeing this.

MoRBiD

Re: Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
These screenshots show what I'm seeing...

With "Allow Deletions From Inside The Interface" disabled, Favorites is visible:
With Delete disabled, Favorites is visible.

With "Allow Deletions From Inside The Interface" enabled, Favorites is not visible... and it is not under More Options:
With Delete enabled, Favorites not visible.

The pictured example is a Movie, but it happens for TV shows as well.

MoRBiD

Re: Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

Looks like your sidebar width is skinnier than the settings in the Media Center UI allow you to go. Maybe you set them in the external settings program and I didn't realize that I allowed the sidebar to go that skinny. Try making it wider and it will show up.

Re: Episode Details: Delete vs. Favorites

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I set the List Width in the external Settings before the RTVHD GUI Settings existed.  The value I used was 345px, initially giving me enough sidebar data while still showing the bulk of the backdrop.

To get Favorites to return to the sidebar while Delete was enabled, all I had to do was slide the List Width bar in the external Settings to any value.  Thank you for that tip.

In comparing my screenshots from last night to the List Width values today, it appears that the sidebar was actually registering as 275px even though the value I had was 345px.  Weird.

In the external Settings, the minimum value of the List Width bar is 275px.  Of note, at 1024x768 Landscape desktop resolution anyway, Favorites now displays at 275px but it is cut off.  Favorites doesn't fully display until about 290px.  Perhaps the minimum value of the List Width bar should be increased to 290px?  But as long as Favorites is at least partially displayed, I guess it doesn't matter what the minimum value is.

MoRBiD