Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
I have one series that I can't get to show the correct # of episodes under.

This same series ("The Big Bang Theory") also was completely missing from RTVHD so I had to recently do the delete/clear the series from the database (missing/identify series info --> highlight series thumb and hit "Clear" button in MCE RTHD).

So the series came back fine but now it's giving me 6 as the episode count while opening it and seeing the list of episodes you can only count 5.  I've checked the files (which are in 2 diffxerent folders) and there are only 5 *.wtv files/recordings.  From the dates of the show I should only have 5.

So the Shows Thumb in the "title" listing has the wrong count.

NOTE: I have started and stopped the RTHD service and closed/opened RHTV thinking it's just the count badge update/refresh bug that always happens for the thumbnails counts not refreshing under certain situations.  Specifically badge counts never refresh/update when backing down to seasons grouping from episode list (going the other direction; from show title to seasons refreshes fine).  For example when deleting an episode the seasons badge still has old count till refreshed going into it from "above" like the series title.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

For the Bib Bang Theory one check try going to the Recorded TV HD Settings program outside of Media Center and go to the Series Override tab. Select The Big Bang Theory and choose edit. If there is a option to combine series with another Big Bang Theory try that.

[...]

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Episode-Count-Badge-Incorrect-tp5709111.html
To start a new topic under Bugs & Other Issues, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bugs & Other Issues, click here.
NAML

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
Ok - I checked in the series override (outside standalone GUI settings) and there is no other series to combine that makes sense.

I watched one episode last night so I'm down to 4 *.wtv files and the badge count updated to 5, so still +1 count wise.

I'm pretty sure a complete wipe out of the database file and letting the service rebuild the series/episode data would likely take care of it.  I've done that about 4-6 months ago.  Was just hoping to have an easier (less time consuming in the resetting up the favorites, etc...) solution.

Plus I wanted to let you know encase it is a bug in the math behind the series badge of show count.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
Ok so it's a bug.

I deleted the *.s3db file in the Public RTVHD data folder.

Got it all setup and "The Big Bang Theory" (TBBT) didn't get identified with the new database (even after starting / stoping service and waiting 30 minutes and everything else worked.

Went into Series over-ride and unchecked "hide series without recording" and there it was (even though it had 4 episode files).

So I put it into a Favorite that doesn't remove it from the "title" listing and well it removed it from the title listing.

The badge count was correct.  But the Series wasn't acting correctly.  So I went into the MCE settings and did missing/wrong ID and found the TBBT thumbnail and deleted it from the database.

Now the series it back and on the "Title" section BUT it now is badge episode count of +1!

So for some reason deleting TBBT from the database when it comes back the episodes are counted +1.

Plus for some reason on a fresh database TBBT doesn't come back correctly but doesn't give a warning/error message (RHTV Stuck on file *.wtv..... etc....).

That's all I found out.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

In the C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\GlobalSettings.ini are there any entries under [MCID-Overrides] where TBBT MCID that is listed in your settings program is either on the left or the right-side of the entry? If so, delete that line out (delete all of them if there is more than one entry that contains the TBBT MCID)... then use the "clear" remote button method on the series and see if it repopulates it correctly.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
MJT - Thank you for the suggestion and insight!

Unfortunately that ini file does not have any entries at all with the MCID for TBBT (from my out side MCE GUI settings the MCID = 80379).  I specifically searched all of the suggested section: [MCID-Overrides] and used good old "find" searches for both TBBT title and the previously noted MCID.

I might try the "cleear" button inside MCE again tomorrow or so and see if I go from +1 to +2 episode count.

Another thought is to wait till I watch the last 4 (delete them) and use the "clear" button and hope RHTV GUI finds and shows it correctly again next time it records.

What happened was TBBT went missing form the "title" section and we just forgot about it till the other night when I noticed I had 5 recordings but nothing showing up in the RHTV "titles" or other sections.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

The MCID should actually be something like: !MCSeries!48463723 (with a different number). You can find that in the "Series Override" tab.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
This post was updated on .
Yes my bad... was tired when I quickly checked the *.ini file last night.  I was searching for the TVDBID number from the "series Override" tab.

Just went through it again doing a search for the !MCSeries!######### that is in the series override tab and still no dice.

So the GlobalSettings.ini looks to be a bust.

Any way to open up the *.s3db file and manually investigate it?

In the "MediaCenterDebug.txt" file I found this:
4/7/2015 12:00:34 PM - error deleting old recordings from the database: SQLite error

4/5/2015 8:04:05 PM - Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.   at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_bind_text(IntPtr stmt, Int32 index, Byte[] value, Int32 nlen, IntPtr pvReserved)

I've seen no signs of memory / RAM issues with my computer.

The 4/7/2015 looks to correspond to the timeframe that I tried to use the "clear" button method after deleting and rebuilding the *.s3db file.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
Also for some reason on files that I have converted to DVR-MS and edited down to be shorter (like 15min insead of the aired 2hrs) the episode length only shows at the new value of 15minutes for the first time you go to it in RHTV.  Then it resets to the aired recorded lenght of ~2hrs even though it's 15 minutes long.  I have looked at all the *.dvr-ms files metadata and properties to see if somehow it's got the original length/duration still but it doesn't seem to.

This makes a mess of things like the progress bar (% watched) and having it maked as watched.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

I usually use sqliteman to open up and investigate the database files. You can download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqliteman/

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

RTVHD checks each file to update the episode length because sometimes a recording will end early (or other reasons). When it is checking for the updated length it must be pulling from the file's metadata and it's coming up with the 2hrs. Maybe you can convert the DVR-MS file to mp4 or something and it will get the correct length.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
That did it!!!

Using the Sqliteman program and inspecting the database with a quick Query for the MCID for TBBT I got a return of the 3 actual *.wtv TBBT recordings + one *.dvr-ms file that I had created (by editing down a show to a 1 minute clip kept for my son).

Some how this 1minute *.dvr-ms got assigned the same !MCSERIES! / MCID value/number as TBBT and caused all sorts of mess.

First it cause it to "disappear" as I had the 1min series title in a favorite that was set to not be shown in "title".

All that's left is to figure out the best way to untangle this miss-assigned MCID from each other.  Any suggestions?

Something form inside MCE GUI or the outside settings GUI or even in the table editor of the database?

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

If you want to edit the database directly you'll need to change the MCID in the episode table for the 1 minute file and have a matching series name and MCID in the series table. You can then use the GUI to assign that to a favorites list if you'd like.

You could also just move the .dvr-ms file out from the watched folders, change the metadata in the file properties (to make sure it is different from the series it got matched up to) and then move it back in.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
I have yet to completely verify this as a fix but:

program:
EditDVRMS Metadata

found a field attached to the file metadata called:
WM/WMRVSeriesUID
This had the !MCSeries!######## value in it and I just edited it out to be a blank entry (it's a String field).

Lesson learned if you edit down your own DVR-MS files check all the metadata and clear it out if appropriate.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Yep. That should fix it. Just move the file out of the watched directory, make sure Recorded TV HD doesn't see it anymore and then move it back in.

RE: Episode Count Badge - Incorrect

Beaker1024
MJT -

Thank you for all the insight and assistance!

The tools you helped me learn to use might come in handy with any other issues (likely from my own created files, etc...) that might come up.  Plus this thread might help others with similar problems (or help them avoid it all together).

My household loves this program.