Duplicate series posters showing for a series

Duplicate series posters showing for a series

Kirby
I am still on 1.6.19 beta, but I'm not sure the .20 beta would have fixed this.  When I go into my recorded shows, listing by title, I am getting duplicate posters for certain shows.

One example is NOVA.  Highlighting each poster, one says it was recorded on PBS, the other says PBS HD.  All the show metadata is correct in both series lists (although none were actually recorded on PBS, all were PBS HD).  It is possible that some or all of those "PBS" recordings were imported video files and not recordings actually done by MC7.

So my question is, how can I get all show posters of the same title to be in 1 poster, and not several?  Did I miss a setting somewhere (I did look)?  It would be nice to not have to modify the metadata of each file manually (if that is even possible, I have many imports that are .ts or .mpg files from my old SageTV setup).

Re: Duplicate series posters showing for a series

In the settings program outside media center go to the series override tab.

Find the NOVA that isn't the hd version (if you can... you might be able to tell based on the MCID.... recorded ones will have a bunch of numbers at the end... so if you can pick the one without the numbers... if not it shouldn't matter either way) and click on edit.. In the bottom left you can combine it with another series. Select the other NOVA instance. That should fix it and it shouldn't happen again.... hopefully :)