Duplicate TV Show Listings

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
This is a problem with THETVDB.COM that carries forth into RTVHD.  I don't see it being addressed on THETVDB.COM so I'm bringing it up here.

THETVDB.COM lists shows by language.  Unfortunately, there is no distinction between countries (e.g. US English and UK English).  Due to this, only one channel is listed for each language.  For instance, in the US, the show may have aired on ABC; in the UK, it may have aired on ITV4.  But THETVDB.COM only lists one channel.

For many of my older TV shows, the entries in RTVHD are duplicated.  For example, for Batman (1966), each episode is listed twice, both for channel ABC.  ABC was what was listed on THETVDB.COM when I added the show to RTVHD.

When I now look at THETVDB.COM for the English entry of Batman (1966), it is now listed for Channel ITV4.  And when I look in RecordedTVHDdb.s3db, each episode is listed twice, once for ABC and once for ITV4.

In the past, I've opened RecordedTVHDdb.s3db and deleted the duplicate entries corresponding to the channel that isn't shown on THETVDB.COM.  But as soon as someone changes the channel on THETVDB.COM back to what was shown in their English-speaking country, the duplicate entries return.

Could you please add a routine to RTVHD that when a duplicate combination of EPISODE.SERIESNAME and EPISODE.EPISODENAME are found in RecordedTVHDdb.s3db, both entries are deleted and the data is re-pulled from THETVDB.COM?  (Or, it could be a duplicate combination of EPISODE.SERIESNAME, EPISODE.SEASONNUMBER & EPISODE.EPISODENUMBER.)

Fixing this would increase the "Wife Happiness" Factor for RTVHD in my household.  Thank you.

MoRBiD

Re: Duplicate TV Show Listings

Are these for other file types or for recordings? I assume other file types.

Re: Duplicate TV Show Listings

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
These are for other file types, mainly AVI files.

MoRBiD

Re: Duplicate TV Show Listings

What I don't understand though is how it can be listed twice since there can only be one entry in the episodes database per file since the FileLocation column is set to Unique Primary Key. Do you have duplicate files?

Re: Duplicate TV Show Listings

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
MJT, thank you for explaining that the FileLocation column is a Unique Primary Key.  That made me focus on that.  I didn't have duplicate files.  Instead, I had renamed the directory that the files existed in, merely capitalizing a single letter.  That was enough of a change to create the duplicate listings within RTVHD.  To fix, I moved the files to a non-monitored directory and then I moved them back to a monitored directory.  The duplicates no longer exist in RTVHD.  The channel changes on THETVDB.COM were merely a coincidence.

MoRBiD