Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

Gene
First of all, let me say that I just found your product yesterday and it is exactly what I was looking for...a way to incorporate downloaded tv shows with recorded shows easy enough for the wife to work. The problem I'm having is one of my downloaded series is not showing up in the list. The show is How I Met Your Mother. Episode titles look like this: How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S0xExx.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].avi I tried removing the bracket and the hyphen with no luck. Can you see how these files can be renamed so they are populated in the list and possibly incorporate a fix in a future version so I don't have to rename every one of these I download? Thanks! Gene

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

I'll see what I can do.

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

SikSlayer
Indeed, in the recent betas, downloaded or converted shows are often not recognized, no matter how they are renamed.

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

Don't have too much time right now, but if you haven't yet can you try 1.6.20. I didn't put it on the latest beta post because things have been crazy, but it might fix some of those problems.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup-1.6.20.msi

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

SikSlayer
I've been using that version for some days now, and while it didn't seem to help at first, it's suddenly working much better, about 98% of the time, compared to previously, when the chances of detecting properly, if at all, were 50/50. This is a big help. The few shows that remain undetected are the ones with very simple names, so I dunno. But not so much of a big deal.

When time permits, maybe you can look into my other post, but I gather there must be some issue that prevents what I mention from having been the case from the outset.

As suggested, I tried the latest beta; 1.6.20 did not correct the issue.  The downloaded show still does not appear in the list of available shows.

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

Gene
Have you had any luck finding the reason some downloaded shows don't appear in the recorded tv list? I just installed version 1.7.3 and the same shows don't appear.

Here's two shows that are in my unidentified files list:

Royal.Pains.S03E16.This.Ones.For.Jack.HDTV.XviD-FMQ.avi
How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S04E24.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].avi

All of the other shows I download appear in the recorded TV list as if the were recorded from the tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

Re: Downloaded Show Not Appearing In List

Gene
That did it.  1.7.4 added both shows to the list.  Thanks!!