Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

The Recorded TV HD interface is actually optimized for extenders.  Most plugins for Windows Media Center will have an added border along the outside when viewed on an extender.  Recorded TV HD tries to eliminate or minimize that border along the outside to fill your entire screen while using an extender.

If the content goes of the edges of your screen on extenders there is an option in the settings program to "Shrink to fit TV when using extenders"

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

LanceWebb
The outer edges are cut off on one of my TV's with an XBOX 360 extender.  Can't see the menu bar at the top at all and the show titles are half way cut off.

I tried to adjust the TV format with no luck. The TV is adjusted correctly.  Other extenders in the house are OK, it's just this TV.  It's a 65" Mitsubishi 1080i Rear Projection.

On the XBOX setting I changed it from 1080i to 480p and it was a little better.  I could now see the top menu and it only cut off the first letter of the titles.  Don't to run at 480p.

Any other ideas?

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

I'll have to provide an option to disable my extender optimizations... I'll post here when I've got something to test.

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

LanceWebb
Thanks for looking into this.

1080i

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

LanceWebb
480p

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

LanceWebb
The "Shrink to Fit" option for extenders in the lastest update, did resolve my issue!     Thanks

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

FYI... Instead of the "shrink to fit" option you are now able to adjust per tv the overscan/underscan inside of the Recorded TV HD settings inside of media center.

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

steveken
I noticed something, I see the red sections for the commercials, but it does not auto-skip the commercials when watching through my 360. What do I need to do to get it working? If I can get that, I will probably buy it. Just wish I had caught it when it was on sale. :)

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

If you install DVRMSToolbox and the DVRMSToolbox Media Center addin there is an option to automatically skip the commercials.

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/dvrmstoolbox/entry20437.aspx

and

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/dvrmstoolbox/entry20021.aspx

Re: Does Recorded TV HD work on extenders? Yes!

steveken
I already have those things installed, that is why I know what it is supposed to do. I just can't figure out why it will not do it on the 360's Media Center Extender. It does it just fine on the Win 7 PC.