Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

WhatHappend
When I Delete a show from Recorded TV HD that is pasued, the show gets left in the WMC Recorded TV list.  Trying to delete it from there yields the following error: "This recording has been moved or deleted by another application, or is marked read-only and cannot be deleted."  Looking in the recorded TV folder on windows shows the file is still there.  If I close WMC then the file is removed and also is removed form the WMC recorded TV list.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

I'll look into this.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

WhatHappend
Thanks!

Also stopping the show before deleting doesn't work either (it is still left in the now playing box with the stopped square.)

Starting another show playing releases the deleted show and allows it to be removed form WMC recorded TV and the HDD recorded TV folder.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

Media Center will always keep the file in the now playing and it will be locked even after pressing stop. I delete the file out of my database when you hit delete and then after you play the next file or close media center it is automatically deleted at that point.

From what I've researched there is no way to force media center to release the file so basically the way I do it is the best way I know how.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

WhatHappend
This post was updated on .
When I start the show from WMC recorded TV and press stop, the show isn't in "Now Playing" any more.  The show is only left in "Now Playing" if it is started from Recorded TV HD.

Also this leaving the video in the "Now Playing" state after pressing stop, make WMC menu act strange.  If you press "Go Back" and backup to the main menu, then press it once more the screen goes to just the WMC background (no menus at all).  Press it again and the WMC menu menu shows backup.  This is because WMC thinks a video is still playing and turns off menus for full screen video mode on the stopped video.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

WhatHappend
Follow on to this issue.

If you stop a recording that was started from RecordedTVHD, then resume it from the Normal "Recorded TV" the video will not play and the WMC background is shown.  You have to also press the "play" button to start the video playing.

It is like RecordedTVHD puts the video in pause mode with a transparent video screen.

How come the "Stop" button works different for a video started from "RecordedTVHD" compared to "Recorded TV"?

Also if I goto "Now Playing" to stop the recording started from RecordedTVHD, the "stop" button now works normally.  So having the RecordedTVHD app up changes behavior of the "Stop" button.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

Still looking into this.  I actually do nothing regarding the stop button. If I can find a way to clear the video from the "Now Playing" I will have to monitor for the stop button and then clear it out.  Microsoft doesn't give programmers all the options that they have and I'm going to have to figure out some sort of hack to make it work (if I can).

I've tested this with Media Browser and they have the same problem. When I press stop button while playing something using Media Browser the "Now Playing" is still there as well.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

I think I've got a fix for this.... Please try the latest beta and let me know how it goes.

Download latest beta here.

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

WhatHappend
Good work!  This seems to work great.  Was it hard to fix?

Re: Deleting paused show from Recorded TV HD leaves it in the WMC Recorded TV list

Just a very odd way of doing it!

I have to monitor for the stop command and when the program recognizes it I have to tell media center to play a video with a blank path.  It will then release the video and realize that there is no path in the play command and it will ignore it.