Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

tomstark
I've converted several mpg files to wtv format using VideoReDo TV Suite.  The converted files show up in Windows 7 Media Center and play fine but I cannot see them in Recorded TV HD where I'd like to assign them to a genre rather than seeing them all lumped together in MediaCenter.

I've rebooted and turned the service on and off, etc.

I think I'm using the lates beta as it does have the Unidentified Files Tab but I don't understand how to "identify" them in the "Media Center UI"

Thanks for your help!

Re: Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

If you go into the settings inside of Recorded TV HD (wrench icon in corner) and go to the identification section you should be able to follow the steps to get them identified. If it doesn't make sense or you need help let me know because I would like to make it as user friendly as possible!

RE: Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

tomstark

The wrench icon is a bit difficult to find as it is below the Plus (+) on the navigation area  that appears when I move the mouse and it takes a while to get at it.

In any case, I was able to properly identify some files but I ran out of luck when there was no series.  I record many “specials” on PBS that are not part of a series.  For example, I have Ed Sullivan’s Rock & Roll Classics but am unable to identify it in RecordedTv Hd.  What would work for me is to simply be able to add a Genre to any file that is currently unidentified rather than attempting to match it with a series.

Thanks.

Thomas P. Stark

564 Lakeshore Drive

PO Box 4

Elkins, NH 03233

603-526-6741

RE: Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

The location of the wrench is optimized for using the arrow keys on the keyboard or a remote. Sorry. Since they are WTV files you can manually edit the metadata by right-clicking on them and going to properties and then to the Details tab.

Note: You have to fill in enough information so that Recorded TV HD knows to pull the metadata from the file. If there is nothing in the Recording time field or there is just not enough metadata it won't show up. Once you have the metadata in there you can move the recording out of the watched directory and then move it back in so it will attempt to recognized it again.

Your idea about assigning it to a genre is a good one... I might actually create a genre or maybe even a header option that will show unidentified files so you don't have to identify them if you don't want to.

RE: Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

tomstark

OK, but moving files in and out of a watched folder can be very time consuming as we’re talking about lots of data in a video file.  Is there a “rescan folder” function which would be very helpful?

RE: Converted files not showing in Recorded TV HD

It will rescan it within about 7 minutes or so. I was just mentioning that if you wanted instant results. I'll try to come up with a good solution for showing unidentified files in the interface.