Complete disaster

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Complete disaster

Gilrock
I've had a horrible time trying to use this addon.  I'm running Windows 8.1 upgraded with Pro Pack.  I downloaded your trial version yesterday.  If I goto the RecordedHDTV section it locks up WMC.  If I run your settings program it first pops up a window saying "Error retrieving directories to watch."  It will not let me uncheck the box that says watch the same directories as WMC.  I cannot stop the service.  I can't even uninstall the software because it fails to stop the service and I'm the only account so I'm admin.  I haven't found any documentation that helps a new user get started.  I found one other post where the user was getting the same directories error but he didn't have a concrete solution.  He also had the issue where he couldn't uninstall but apparently he fixed it without uninstalling.  Little help please.

Gil
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Complete disaster

Gilrock
Well I got mine fixed.  Luckily I stumbled on a thread here titled "Fresh install, database missing?".  That was about an exact description of my situation.  I had just updated from 8 to 8.1 four days ago and then installed the 8.1 Pro Pack to get WMC.  The database was not being created and I had the directories error.  After reading that thread I ran down to my Windows 7 machine that had WMC and installed this software and then I ran the settings program and closed it.  Then I copied the entire contents of the C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD directory from the Windows 7 machine to the Windows 8.1 machine and now the Settings program is starting with no errors and I was getting into the settings screens inside WMC.  So I'm off to browse the plugin.  There is obviously some kind of error preventing the initial creation of the database.

Gil
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Complete disaster

MJT Software
Administrator
Thanks for the report. I think I've fixed the issue in the latest beta version, but not 100% sure. I'm assuming you are running the stable version from the homepage. It had something to do with Windows 8.1 I believe.