Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

j30sailor

I', a newbie here and I looked for the answer in the forums and didn't see it.  Program looks really cool but here's my question.

I have my shows in sub-directories of the recorded tv folder such as recordedtv\Modern Family\Season 2\.  DVRMS toolbox sees the episodes and commercial skipping works okay, but your program doesn't show the commercial skips in the progress bar.  It works fine if the episode is in the recorded tv folder.

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

Odd.. I just moved a recording a couple directories deep and I still get the commercial break viewer working properly.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

j30sailor

Thanks for responding.

I did a some further testing and found that the issue is not the sub-directory structure.  I have set my tv up using a scheduled script that moves my tv shows into a standard tv directory structure for Mediabrowser.  So the files I had trouble with were D:\recorded tv\The Daily Show with Jon Stewart\Season 17\The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - S17E43 - Dolly Parton.wtv.  Files left with the default name work no mater what the path.

I really like having standard file names for episodes so I can find them outside of Media Center to do maintenance on the files, see which episodes I'm missing  and combine recorded tv with downloaded episodes.  I also don't particularly like the idea of having hundreds of files all in the same directory and I wouldn't have the move script to automatically move them to other directories.  So far the only thing that doesn't seem to work with my file naming is the commercial skip viewer.  Your backgrounds, genres etc work great and the fact that you treat wtv, avi, mkv the same is tremendous.  The only other thing I'd love to see is separate entry points, because I take some shows and archive them into directories that I then have to specifically look at to see what shows I have stored there.

Again love the program, will have to decide if I want to give up my organization or keep using Mediabrowser and the standard recorded tv strip.

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

Does your script rename the commercials xml file?  I'm not sure how the skipping works at all for you if the commercials xml file isn't the same as the video file.  My app just checks to see if there is a xml file in the commercial xml directory with the same name as the currently playing video file.

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

j30sailor

The file watcher generates or regenerates the commercial skip file with the new file name.  I store the XML files  in the same directory as the wt file so I can easily see if I have them.  Interestingly the commercial skip directory is listed in DVRMST toolbox settings as a different folder from my recorded TV folder.  It does not contain all the XML  files, but my commercial skip works anyway.  Since your skip is triggered by the DVRMS Commercial Skip directory I'll have to fix this.

I think I also have both DVRMS Toolbox and Showanalyzer working as file watchers so I have some things to figure out.

 I'll get back to you when I learn something.  Thanks for the fast response and all the help.

On 1/22/2012 2:52 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] wrote:
Does your script rename the commercials xml file?  I'm not sure how the skipping works at all for you if the commercials xml file isn't the same as the video file.  My app just checks to see if there is a xml file in the commercial xml directory with the same name as the currently playing video file.

To unsubscribe from Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories., click here.
NAML

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

I can just add a check that if it can't find the XML file, to look in the same directory as the currently playing file.  Sound right to you?

I should be able to add that very quickly. I plan on releasing a beta very soon and I'll make sure this gets in.

To unsubscribe from Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories., click here.
NAML

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

Re: Commercial skip viewer doesn't show recordings in subdirectories.

j30sailor

Thanks, works great.

Latest beta info and download