Commercial skip cleanup

mldenison
I've noticed that when the commercial skip process completes, there's four files created: an edl, log, txt and vprj. Which, if any, are needed for using commercial skip when watching the wtv program? If any of them aren't necessary, is there an automated process available to clean them up? If there is an automated process, I've noted that when a wtv program is deleted, the other files are never deleted. Appreciate any info.

Re: Commercial skip cleanup

Recorded TV HD and DVRMS Toolbox use the .xml file. None of the other files are needed. I'm guessing you might be using Comskip based on the output files. If I remember right you can edit the config file so it won't create those files at all.

Re: Commercial skip cleanup

MalibuDave42
For comskip users, do I need to run DBTAddin too?  Or does RTHD commercial viewer do the trick?

Re: Commercial skip cleanup

Recorded TV HD will show the commercials, but won't automatically skip them. DBTAddin does the automatic skipping.

Re: Commercial skip cleanup

MalibuDave42
Ah, good to know the relationship. Unfortunately, my DBTAddin has quite working. Uninstalled, reinstalled... still the DBTAddin has stopped responding error... uninsalled DBVToolbox, reinstalled.... search through many forums.. any suggestions?