Category sorting

JMBurton2001
Hi Mark,

I just have to say that I installed your program yesterday morning and by this morning I went ahead and purchased it. Nice job!

My HTPC is pretty basic:
Dell Inspiron 531S
Windows 7 HP32 SP1
ATI Radeon HD5450
Two USB Tuners
Mohu Leaf OTA
Use Windows Media Center exclusively.
Keyboard & Mouse are the only inputs (No remote and don't want one).

I like a minimalistic menu and have only 3 strips:
1. TV - includes only the EPG and Recorded TV HD.
2. Media Browser only
3. Tasks - includes only Shutdown and Settings.

I have found many of my answers through the forum and your Youtube video was quite informative. Even so, I have two questions...

1. Since I only use a mouse for input, I have found that whenever I "mouseover" the category sort, the program immediately tries to re-sort the list. When I try to get back to "title", it starts trying to sort by every category I pass over and soon enough crashes. (I'm using list view as shown below).

Question 1 - Is there a way to set the top category list to ONLY sort when the desired type is "clicked on" instead of on mouseover?

Categories

Question 2 - Can the Settings (wrench) icon be moved? When the mouse is moved in WMC7 it brings up an overlay. At that point the wrench icon is located underneath either the volume + or X (Exit) button. I find that I'm either playing whack-a-mole, turning up the volume or shutting down WMC.

Overlay

Thanks for your reply!

Re: Category sorting

1. It is set to only change the sort when the ok button or enter button on the keyboard is pressed. I have no idea how it is switching on hover as it doesn't do that for me.

2. Input is optimized for a remote control or keyboard.  I would suggest that when you are going to go into the settings you use your keyboard and arrow up in list view or arrow down in other views to get to it and then hit enter. I may change this in the future, but have no plans to at this point.

Re: Category sorting

JMBurton2001
Thank you for such a useful program!

1. Hmmmm... I came up with these questions during my testing phase. After I put in my registration code and restarted the module, the category header began working as expected, and as you described. Go figure!

2. I'm good with the keyboard input. Works great!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!