Cannot upgrade from v1.80 to v1.90

chrisa
I am currently running V1.80 registered as my setting are inform me about stable new versions I am offered V1.90 as an upgrade. Despite following the on screen prompts and on screen instructions I am still on V1.80 after a reboot. When entering the product again I am again informed that V1.90 is available for download. I have tried an uninstall and re-install but that makes no difference. Help!

Re: Cannot upgrade from v1.80 to v1.90

Sorry about the trouble. Not exactly sure why it isn't working properly.... Here is what you should be able to do.

1. Uninstall Recorded TV HD (all of your information will be preserved)
2. Download and install a fresh copy from the website.

You should be good to go. If you have any trouble, please let me know.

Re: Cannot upgrade from v1.80 to v1.90

LanceWebb
I also was not able to update to v1.9.0 through the WMC interface.

Noticed it tried, but then rolled back, I had to wait about 15 to 20 minutes for it to finish rolling back.

I will try manually install now.

Re: Cannot upgrade from v1.80 to v1.90

dbailey75
I had an issue as well, upgrading via media center,  wasn't really paying attention on the first PC, but on the second one, it says something like, your menu strip has changed, or something, and then when you hit ok, you get a dialog box saying upgrade was canceled by the user.

I'll mentioned that I had no problem downloading the 1.9 file, and then installing,  all works fine, no issues so far.