Can't "stop service" to change settings.

Can't "stop service" to change settings.

rustle
I need to change my settings, but I can't while the service is running.  My problem is when I hit the "stop service" button, it shows "service is not running" for a half second, and then flips back to " service is running", so I can't adjust anything.

Re: Can't "stop service" to change settings.

Not sure why it isn't stopping, but you can try to stop it through the Windows Services screen as it is a normal Windows service. If that doesn't work you can kill the RecordedTVHDService.exe process from the task manager.

Re: Can't "stop service" to change settings.

rustle
That worked for me.  Although then it was stuck in "stopped" mode, until I restarted the service in my computer's services window.  So basically the button isn't working in the recordedhd settings window.  I have this on two computers, but only one has the problem.  Regardless, I can live with the work around.