Can't edit menu strip

mikemcc
When I try to edit the menu strip to remove the favorites and replace it with something else, it doesn't work. My changes show up in the editing panel where you can move things into the right order and then I click on the save button, but when I go back to the strip, favorites is still there and the replacement doesn't show up. In addition, the favorites is always in the first spot, though I have something else in that spot in the edit window.

I have done a repair installation and have also stopped the service and turned it back on. I have also rebooted and nothing seems to change this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: Can't edit menu strip

Not exactly sure what the problem might be, but please try the following.

1. Delete "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\CustomRegistration.xml"
2. Delete "C:\Program Files\RecordedTVHD\CustomRegistration.xml" (or with "Program Files (x86)" if 64-bit)
3. Attempt to save the custom menu strip again.

Let me know if that works or not.

Re: Can't edit menu strip

mikemcc
will do it right now

Re: Can't edit menu strip

mikemcc
That did the trick. Thanks much!

Re: Can't edit menu strip

red518irish
I am having the exact same problem. I tried the fix that is listed here, however nothing changed. It is very frustrating. I even tried to edit the ini file. When I did the menu strip didn't change however in settings the menu strip editor reflected what the ini file had. It is very strange.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks