Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
I have just installed the trail of the software. I tried the genre button and setup a favorite list. Now I can’t get the recorded tv list to go back to “title.” The only way to switch views now is to click on the genre button or the favorites button from the start menu strip. If I could get this fixed I would gladly buy the software.

Re: Can't change between categories

Does it crash the program?  What happens when you try to scroll between options on the top?

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
No the program has not crashed yet. It doesn't do anything. the view does not change at all.

RE: Can't change between categories

Can you please send me the following file via email to support@ripmymovie.com

"C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db"

That way I can tell if it is something with the database or with your configuration of the program or something else.

Thanks.

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
thank you for your help

RecordedTVHDdb.s3db (83K) Download Attachment

RE: Can't change between categories

Well it isn't the database... It works fine on my computer... So lets try one thing at  a time...

Try renaming the following file and then go into the app in Media Center and see if it works:

"C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RecordedTVHDsettings.ini" (Replace "YOURUSERNAME")

Just rename it so that a new one will be created when the MC app starts.  If that fixes your problem please send me the contents of the one that wasn't working.

If that doesn't fix the problem you can try to reinstall if you haven't yet.

The next step to try to fix it would be to stop the service in the settings program and then delete the "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD" folder and then start the service back up. (This will delete your favorites and all settings and start from scratch)

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli

Alright. We are making some progress. I renamed the “RecordedTVHDsettings.ini” file and relaunched the program. It correctly started in the “title” view. However, I can still not change views from the top bar. When I select “genre” or “favorites” from the start menu strip it changes in the program to the respected views but then I can’t return to the “title” view.

I am going to try your other suggestions and will keep you updated on the progress.

Thank You,

Adam Sullivan

Bethel Christian Assembly

619.905.3909

RecordedTVHDsettings[backup].ini (78 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli

I tried your other suggestions, but there is still no change. For now I have reset the RecordedTVHDsettings.ini file again. As long as I don’t switch views I can access all my shows from the interface. Hopefully we can still figure this out.

Thank You,

Adam Sullivan

Bethel Christian Assembly

619.905.3909

RE: Can't change between categories

Ok. I have one idea and I'll give you a beta version to try out when I get the chance to make a couple of changes... I just find it odd that you seem to be the only one with this problem.

Thanks for helping me figure this out... I'd like to get this fixed as much as you would.

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
I have made a strange discovery. When I launch WMC from "media center studio" everything works perfectly. This doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone happen to know what command "Media center studio" is using to launch WMC? I'm going to post on some other boards to see what I can find out.

On the upside MJTSoftware, this confirms it is not your app but an issue I'm having.

PS thanks for moving my thread and editing my signature.

RE: Can't change between categories

Very odd.... It is possible that my next version will fix the problem, but I'm not sure as I have no way to reproduce it.  How is MC launched on your system?  From a shortcut?  From telling MC to start automatically from within the settings of MC?

If you usually launch from a shortcut try launching it by pressing "Win+Alt+Enter" to launch it and see if that makes a difference.  Or you could try pressing the green button on your remote if you have one... there are multiple ways to start MC as you can see and one of them might work differently :)

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli

Normally I start MC from the Green start button on my remote. I have tried starting it every way I know how, from the windows start menu, the recorded tv hd windows start menu entry, keyboard shortcuts, and launching directly to other MC apps. The only way I can get it to work correctly is to launch MC from media center studio.

RE: Can't change between categories

I've updated the program... I'm not sure if I fixed it or not.  Please let me know if you still have the problem.

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
I am still having the same problem. I have tried reseting MC every way possible and still having issues. Couple of questions. Could this be a .net issue? What about SP1? I am running sp1 and .net 4.

RE: Can't change between categories

It shouldn't be a .net problem... Recorded TV HD uses .net 3.5 which is installed on all Windows 7 machines.  I have one computer with SP1 and a couple without and it works fine on all of them.  It is possible that SP1 might have messed with something, but I haven't heard from anybody else with this problem.

RE: Can't change between categories

AdamSulli
I have finally tracked down the problem. I use a password manager for internet explorer called Roboform. When this app is running I have problems in Media Center. As long as it is closed everything works perfectly. I know this is not a technical explination, but that is what i have tracked it down to.

RE: Can't change between categories

Glad to hear you tracked down the problem.... That is very interesting.

RE: Can't change between categories

TDuncan72
By the way, I started having this problem recently as well. After seeing the mention of RoboForm, I remembered that RoboForm 7 has a new feature that allows it to attach to any Windows program. I turned off that feature...and I can now switch categories again. I've noticed a couple other oddities in Media Center recently - such as hitting the Play button to see the timeline stopped working - and I wonder if that is now fixed as well.

RE: Can't change between categories

Bayway
This forum just saved me what 's left of my hair !!!! Roboform caused Recorded tv hd problems ,
and a mediabrowser and  Vista MCE Rss Reader problem (maybe more) ... MB and RssReader had a problem when you scrolled through menu's they would not highlight . It would be hard to know where you were . Especially in a music list . I use Rss Reader to listen to pod and vod cast ,, works great , especially now.
I have posted questions about these problems on the green button etc. with no success .

By the way , you do not have to turn off this roboform feature to get it to work, just add

c:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe

to the applications black list(options--applications integration) , then roboform will ignore media center !!!!!

As i type this , just found another program that is fixed .... Macrotube64 from Jon at  theHTPC.net !!!

No telling how many people are dealing with this !!!!!

I was just about ready to load windows from scratch ,,, now all is well YEA !!!!!

Thanks Webb