Blue Screen No Shows

PureBS
My PC (Win7 Ult x64) has been running for over a year running its current setup (media center, comskip, recorded tv hd, …) It developed an issue this last week though, when using the xbox360, then clicking on Recoded TV, it just shows a blue screen. No shows. What is odd though is that if I sit down at the computer, and go to Recorded TV all the shows are there.

I am running out of ideas on how to fix this. Things I have tried:
Update to current stable version.
Update to current beta.
Completely uninstall recorded tv, reboot and install stable again.
Completely uninstall recorded tv, and remove media center from windows features, reboot and reinstall MCE and rectv.
Swearing.
Wiping the XBOX360.
Wiping the user profile on the PC that the XBOX360 uses. (c:\users\Mcx1-TV-PC).

I am not sure what caused this issue, but I need it fixed. Please help.

Re: Blue Screen No Shows

Not sure what's going on, but it sounds like you've tried just about everything!

What happens if you create a new user account on your HTPC and log in with that on the HTPC. Does it give you the blank screen or does it work?

Almost everything is saved for all user accounts, but there are a few things. Just wanting to double-check to see if we can determine if it is an issue with the user account or the extender platform.

Re: Blue Screen No Shows

PureBS
Just made a test admin account, and RecTV worked properly, showing all the shows.

Also made a test standard user account, and RecTV worked properly, showing all the shows.

The other thing I forgot to add was that I cannot get to ‘real’ recorded tv menu button to show in MCE. Even with RecTV uninstalled it would not show. I have also enabled and disabled the option in RecTV to show/hide it many times, but it won’t appear. (Though I really don’t care if it shows, I thought it might be related.)

Re: Blue Screen No Shows

PureBS
Any ideas on how to get the XBOX360 to see the shows in RecTVhd?

Re: Blue Screen No Shows

I'm not really sure... haven't seen this problem before.

You might have mentioned this in your first post, but just worded it differently, but I believe on the HTPC in the extenders section there is an option to uninstall an extender. Did you try that?

SOLVED: Blue Screen No Shows

PureBS
The issue has been fixed!
First to answer your last question, I have removed the extender and added it back several times throughout this process, without it changing the situation in any way.

What fixed it?
1. I deleted/moved all the files in ‘C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\’
2. Rebooted
3. ???? (Tried MCE)
4. Profit! (It all worked!)

What would make this easier in the future?
A tool to fully remove Recorded TV HD and ALL of it's related files, making a ‘clean’ install possible. I had a hunch that the issue was Recorded TV HD because it was remembering many of the settings I had set even after uninstalling, then re-installing RecTVHD. Finally I found where a lot of the settings are kept, and by deleting them, everything is as good as new.

I have all of the ‘old’ files. If you want me to upload any of them, let me know.

Thanks for the help and quick replies.