Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

MrPhil
Tried to select a TV show to watch, after highlighting the show and pressing OK on the remote got a message that addin Recorded TV HD is not responding. Selected close but that had no effect, had to kill ehshell.exe in task manager to get out of it.

The only thing in the event log relating to this is:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ehexthost.exe
P2: 6.1.7601.17514
P3: 4ce77974
P4: mscorlib
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 4ef6c7cc
P7: 41c3
P8: 27
P9: System.Runtime.Remoting.Remoting
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ehexthost.exe_725f7d75727dae492af6e425a068ba2b3238a3_1bfc767d

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 647f7d4d-0aeb-11e2-bd3d-001c25da76a4
Report Status: 0

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

If for some reason Media Center is unable to play the video it may lock up like that. I've had an issue in the past where my HDMI handshake has an issue and thinks there is no audio device/output. When that is the case my addin will freeze up when calling Media Center's PlayMedia command because Media Center isn't able to play the video without a sound device. Could that have been the case? Or maybe something similar?

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

tradetek
I'm seeing these issues also. So far 1.7.18 has not been any more stable than previous 1.7 releases and if anything is less stable.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

The latest alpha version might help. I had added a bunch of if statements to make sure that the addin is currently visible when doing certain actions, but I realized that those checks will randomly take more time than desired and may cause the addin to show the not responding error or just slow things down. I don't know for sure if that is the problem you are seeing. Can you try out the latest alpha version?

You can sign up to be automatically notified of alpha version inside of Recorded TV HD's settings inside of MC or you can download and install it manually.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

chrisdfw
Better and much faster.  Still some pause after many deletes.  One big issue the main screen headings are faded not bright like the clock. You cannot read them

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

tradetek
Did you take down the Alpha? If not my setting to check for alpha in 1.7.18 isn't working.

I even tried rebooting the box and it still isn't recognizing that there is one to download.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

No, I didn't take it down. I will test on my end, but when I first released the alpha I tested the automated update method for alpha versions and it worked, but I could have done something wrong :)

Thanks.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

tradetek
It pulled it detected it today and installed it fine. I've played about 4 shows this evening and 1.7.19 is definitely more stable.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

chrisdfw
I disabed network locations and has not crashed "cross fingers"

Re: Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

tradetek
Now that I have been using 1.7.19, I wanted to add an update that although it is more stable, it does still some stability issues. Primarily when I leave it sitting without playing a show for a while.

Note that on my primary viewing computer all my shows are being watched on from a single drive shared from a remote WMC server that acts as my central media storage server for all my WMC machines.