Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
When deleting items there is a long pause when the system is unresponsive. It will sometimes last over a 90 seconds ,I am also on a extender

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

Anybody else seeing this? I am not seeing this. Thanks.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
Just had it on the non extender system and its the same issue as Beta 1.7.18 not responding message

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
If it helps i did not get this on
http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup-1.7.16.msi

Thinking of rolling back but MC has not crashed on the new version. ....

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

Just to confirm.... this is what I understand you are reporting... please correct me if I am wrong....

You are deleting an episode from the episode details screen. It seems to lock up and you have to wait a long time before it goes back to the previous screen.

If this is the case, I am not seeing it on any of my machines, but I will look into my code and see what may have changed in that sequence. Are you deleting or using the recycle bin?

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
Not using recycle bin.  It’s not immediate could be 30 to 60 seconds later.  If feels like a database issue lock to me. The application is not responsive till it clears

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
Server stack trace:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Read(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BufferMoreData()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadAndMatchFourBytes(Byte[] buffer)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientHandler.ReadHeaders()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.AddIn.AddInHost.get_ApplicationInfo()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.ApplicationContext.get_IsCurrentlyVisible()
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.get_SeriesList()

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
This post was updated on .
One more thing my log is filled with these

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at RecordedTVHDService.TVXML.WriteTVToDatabase()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, Boolean ReadFromDatabase, SQLiteConnection sql_con)

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

TheMayor
I'm also seeing this, but not on every show I goto delete.  I've also notice that it seems to navigate slower over from the previous versions.

I made a quick YouTube video in regards of trying to delete shows.  It seems like if I want to just delete 1 show it goes pretty quick, but if I goto delete one right afterwards, it takes a little "while"  For example, at around 40 seconds I hit "select" on "Lets goto the Hop".  The Play/Delete menu didn't come up until about 15 seconds later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txPWqKOB0s

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

Thanks for letting me know to both of you. I noticed a slight "slow-down" over previous versions as well and I'm trying to think of what I did that may have caused that. I will look into this asap.

Thanks.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

Just so I can rule it out, are those shows stored on the local machine or on another machine on the network. I've somewhat recently added a check to see if the files exist and if they are on the network, that might be slowing it down.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

TheMayor
The Shows I was deleting on my video, was on the local machine.  I do have the OS running on an 64 gig SSD, but I have the public folders on a Sata drive (which is also used for recording).  I have a total of 4 drives dedicated for shows in the same machine.  The machine is an I5 2500K, with 8 gigs Ram, Running Win 7 Home 64bit

One other issue I noticed was when I added shows to a "watch" folder (not talking WMC created), that if a show name is formatted as "Scrubs.1x01.mp4", it takes a while before its added, while if the format is like "Scrubs - S4E1 - EpisodeName.mp4", it gets added pretty much right away.

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

chrisdfw
local for me

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

Can both of you try out the latest alpha version? Just make sure you are set to check for alpha versions under  "Updates" on the main settings screen inside of Recorded TV HD in Media Center.

Or you can manually install this version:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

Re: Beta 1.7.18 Long pause

TheMayor
Ok, overall I would say it's faster then before, but will sometimes get a delay of about 10-20 seconds when I select an episode to play or delete, other times the Play/Delete menu comes up pretty quick (When on the Media Center Poster View).

When I'm on the list view, it's pretty much the same, except after I delete a show, it takes about 30 seconds before it disappears from the episode selection.  Also on the list view it seemed like it took a few seconds to display the main background for each show

The other time I notice a delay is when starting the app from the Media Center menu (always been like that for me), but also going from the "Season" selection back to the Shows menu.

I wonder if running the app off an SSD work make it run faster, as I have my public folder moved to my Sata drive, but that probably would require a code change to allow manual designation for which folder that the program resides in.