Beta 1.17.18 Lost database & Series Titles (Edit Database?)

Beta 1.17.18 Lost database & Series Titles (Edit Database?)

Beaker1024
This post was updated on .
For some reason I tried to update the add-in from within MCE.  I got all the messages for the install wizard and it looked good but at the end said failed install.  But it looked like the install went fine (new options, ver #).  Then after close/open I had no listings and the database was being rebuilt and options reset to default.

I also noticed with the *.properties files the "Title=" field just took the *.wtv filename.  I now have a duplicate listing in the Series Override with both having the *.wtv filename not the show title.  Is there anyway to give us the ability to fully delete a series (and then obviously all the episodes linked to it) in the database from the external GUI?  If not the only way to fix minor issues is to still delete the entire database file in the User path and start over on the identification.

I'm envisioning just deleting the database entry of an episode or entire series (this would automatically removal all episodes found linked to that series too from that database table) and then the Service running will only need to work on those files again.  This would allow the user to edit the *properties file (in this case just fix the "Title=" line and save before the service finds it again.

In my case (see image below) I can not edit the Title field and do not have a clean "title" for the series to merge too.

BTW I tried to use the "Restore" feature selecting a backup zipfile from a few days ago after I lost the database from the update but that just failed completely.

If you work on the Restore/Backup feature might I suggest have an option to do just the "Genre Pictures & associations" and just the general options/settings (menu strip parameters, etc...) Basically the stuff that isn't automatically redone.  So you could select just parts of it to restore for cases where the databases are required to be rebuilt (new fields, tables, links).

Strangely enough the "Cars 2" movie is still having issues with it's backdrop/poster images but other movies got them already.

PS - My wife says "thank you" for the dimmed backdrop images in poster view (not in episode listings).  Love the addition of the clock too.  I had meant to ask for that.

Here's an image of my Series override issue.

Re: Beta 1.17.18 Lost database & Series Titles (Edit Database?)

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Try physically moving the file out of your watched directories into an unwatched directory.  Wait for RTVHD to stop showing the moved file.  Then move the file back into a watched directory.  RTVHD should re-find the file with the current filename only once.

MoRBiD

Re: Beta 1.17.18 Lost database & Series Titles (Edit Database?)

Beaker1024
Thank you for the suggestion as for some reason I hadn't thought of that.

I did want to post this occurrence because this *.wtv file did have a *.properties file generated for it and that's a new feature/function and I wanted to post the behavior encase it's not working exactly as intended.