Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

123456

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
I think I finally have all of this sorted out.  I figured out that the rest of the shows were recognized when I changed the format to Blackish.S01E03.mp4.  The one file that I was using as a test would not recognize no matter what.  I manually edited the database file and removed all of the rows from the unidentified table and then it was recognized correctly.

There is still something amiss with the title matching though.  I had another show that was ESPN 30 for 30 and I could not get that one to match no matter what.  I tried making sure the show name matched tvdb and tried using ID, to no avail.  I ended up manually adding that one.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
This post was updated on .
klarsen wrote
I manually edited the database file and removed all of the rows from the unidentified table and then it was recognized correctly.
I've hit this issue several times before with movies. They just wouldn't identify despite being correct. But as soon as I clear the unidentified table, they are then identified correctly. This table can carry all sorts of historic junk. Would be great if we had a clear unidentified button.

Having said that, I still can't get Alien: Covenant to identify. I've tried:

Alien Covenant (2017).mkv
Alien- Covenant (2017).mkv
Alien.Covenant.2017.mkv

I don't think ID= method works with movies.
CRF

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

CRF
I have run into a problem with the 2.0 version.  I display my programs using the episodes numbers and seasons.  When recording new (or rerun shows), a show will be recorded with NO episode information and they get put into the "Unknown" folder.  This seems to happen to ALL shows for a few days.  My internet connection is working fine.  This seems to happen for a few days after which the information seems to download and the episode information get attach to the shows and they then move to the correct folder.   New shows will get the episode information for a while, and then it stops and goes back to no episode information for a few days.  It seem that the number of days it fails seems to be getting longer, with the first failure for a couple of days, and the last one seem to been 5 or 6 days.

There are no error in the log file, but in the event database, there is a Warning record with the following information: "Series information could not be found on thetvdb.com website for TVBID = 301451".   This has now happen at least 3 times.  All shows today failed to get episode information, but if I go to the Thetvdb.com web site, it seems to find information for 301451 via the web address interface.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
CRF wrote
I have run into a problem with the 2.0 version...  There are no error in the log file, but in the event database, there is a Warning record with the following information: "Series information could not be found on thetvdb.com website for TVBID = 301451".
I'm experiencing the same event error except, the TVDBID doesn't exist in my database??

Questions:
1. Where is the (see below) 328020 TVBID coming from? (A few weeks ago an episode of "Hollywood Remembers" TVDBID 328020 was keyword recorded and was deleted the following morning.)

2. Where exactly is the database located?

3. Can I delete the database and have Recorded TV HD rebuild it from scratch?

Technical data:
Windows 7 Pro x64
RecordedTVHD Beta 2.0.0

http://i.imgur.com/87m2to8.png

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
The 328010 number is the show id on tvdb.com website.

If you go to the site and look up Hollywood remembers, the I'd in the results will be the exact same I'd you mentioned.

The event log is saying nothing exists because there is no episode/ season information entered for Hollywood remembers on tvdb site.

Are these showing up under the unidentified tab?  If so, you can manually add them.

You can technically delete the db and let it rebuild.  You would have to stop the service and delete the Db file.
I can't remember the exact name of the Db file, but it's located in the c:\users\public\recordedtvhd area

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
This post was updated on .
mayorville wrote
You can technically delete the db and let it rebuild.  You would have to stop the service and delete the Db file.
I can't remember the exact name of the Db file, but it's located in the c:\users\public\recordedtvhd area
Thanks mayorville!

1. I stopped the service.

2. Made a copy of the database at "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db"

3. Deleted the actual database.

4. Restarted the service.

It's currently rebuilding a new database!

Thanks again!

EDIT:
Ok, so the procedures above caused more headaches than they solved... Here's what I did and it "appears" to have solved my issues.

1. Took a copy of the original database (Step 2 above) and placed it in a temp directory.

2. Downloaded https://portableapps.com/apps/development/sqlite_database_browser_portable

3. Opened the copy of the original database and deleted all the series that were troublesome.

4. Stopped the service.

5. Overwrote the database with the "modified" version.

6. Restarted the service.

Everything appears to be working like it's supposed to. Only time will tell...

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

qwkteg125
is anyone else having a problem with series artwork disappearing recently? i have had to go into the settings program outside media center and go into series override to refresh the artwork so it reappears in media center a few times now.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
qwkteg125 wrote
is anyone else having a problem with series artwork disappearing recently? i have had to go into the settings program outside media center and go into series override to refresh the artwork so it reappears in media center a few times now.
I have been having the same problem for quite a while now since they upgraded their API.  I have to do the same thing you described.  It seems to happen at random.  Sometimes it will be many shows and sometimes just a couple.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
TMDB servers were having big problems on the 29th & 30th August due to an IPv6 config issue.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
Is there anyway to have RTVHD ignore subdirectories in monitored folders?

In particular it would be great if it could ignore unpack and supplemental folders which begin with an underscore character ( _ ). This would avoid files being unnecessarily flagged as unidentified.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
I am having continuous problems with the images for the shows being removed.  I have to go into the settings and hit the save button in order for them to be restored.  It would be helpful if the service wouldn't keep removing imagery.  Perhaps logic could be inserted such that if a show has existing images and the lookup fails, it just keeps the current ones?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Not at my computer now but I think there is a checkbox labeled something like "Download new images ever x days" that you could uncheck and see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

I am having continuous problems with the images for the shows being removed.  I have to go into the settings and hit the save button in order for them to be restored.  It would be helpful if the service wouldn't keep removing imagery.  Perhaps logic could be inserted such that if a show has existing images and the lookup fails, it just keeps the current ones?

To start a new topic under Recorded TV HD Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Recorded TV HD Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
MJT Software wrote

-------- Original message --------From: "klarsen [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> Date: 9/10/17  9:45 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: MJT Software <[hidden email]> Subject: Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

                http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Bad-News-TheTVDB-API-v1-is-going-to-be-discontinued-tp5709371p5709537.html

                NAML
Thanks!  I found it under the Artwork Settings tab.  I have unchecked it and hopefully that will resolve my problem.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
klarsen wrote
I am having continuous problems with the images for the shows being removed.  I have to go into the settings and hit the save button in order for them to be restored.  It would be helpful if the service wouldn't keep removing imagery.  Perhaps logic could be inserted such that if a show has existing images and the lookup fails, it just keeps the current ones?
I get this too from time to time; I guess if TheTVDB site is having problems at the time RTVHD runs an artwork check. The periodic check is a nice feature because artwork is often updated. I just wish it would continue to use the old artwork rather than nothing at all.

I had about 8 series which lost their artwork recently. So I stopped the service, opened the database, cleared the "date last checked" values for the affected series, and then restarted the service. This forces an immediate check/download of the artwork rather than waiting for the next monthly check.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

n3v3r
Fellow Hoosier here, there are literally dozens of us.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
n3v3r wrote
Fellow Hoosier here, there are literally dozens of us.
That haven't escaped yet!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

The final release will only delete the old artwork if the new artwork is downloaded successfully so it should fix the problem.

Also, I see that the sunset date for APIv1 has been suspended for now: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36557

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
Great news! Many thanks.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
Is there a way to override movies with the new version? I know you can do the manual override and enter all the data manually, but previously you could override based on TheMovieDB ID. This would add an entry to the GlobalSettings.ini and create a supplemental .properties file and automatically download the correct artwork. I tried creating the entries manually but they don't seem to be used.

It would be great if the Recorded TV HD Settings app allowed you to enter an override ID from TheMovieDB for movies in the same way that it does for TV shows.

This is often required when RTVHD picks the movie from the wrong year; e.g. a file named, The Mummy (2017).mkv

This was correctly recognised as The Mummy (2017) for a couple of weeks. However it has now switched to using artwork from The Mummy (1999) despite including the year in the filename. I can't seem to override without manually downloading images, entering the description, etc.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
Another movie which refuses to identify.

Spider-Man: Homecoming

It does seem that the search engine has a problem with titles which contain punctuation, even if you try stripping out the non-alphanumeric characters.

Alien: Covenant
Black-ish

An ID-based override would also help with these.
123456