Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

123456

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

There is an unidentified header option you can add if you want it in the media center gui.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
MJT Software wrote
There is an unidentified header option you can add if you want it in the media center gui.
Thanks. Sounds just the job. I'll take a look when I am back at home.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
I figured I would give some feedback on the updated Beta, which I installed about 10 minutes ago & it's currently rebuilding the db file.

1)  Looks like the conflict with Emby is fixed

2)  When I try to hide the original TV menu strip with the option, it was still showing.  I was able to hide it with the registry change, but figured I would mention it.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
How long does it take for your unidentified list to populate?  If I remember correctly when you add the "unidentified" item to the menu bar, it will refresh the list instead of showing what's currently in the list.  The reason I mention this is RTVHD can take anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes to populate the list for me

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
After using the latest Beta, here is what I've been seeing

1)  Majority of shows have been found including the ones with "&" in the middle of the show title

2)  When adding folders with converted video files, RTVHD seems to want to stop (the service) on it's own.  Some of the messages I'm seeing in the Event Viewer:

"Cannot find table 0.   at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Remove(T item)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

SQLite error
Insufficient parameters supplied to the command   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameter(Int32 index, SQLiteParameter param)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement.BindParameters()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.FindMovieOtherFileType(String NameOfMovie, String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
It working well for me but I did reuse the old database. With one of the older test version I did encounter issues like the above but rolled back the version and the database. Also FYI to those having guide issues EGP123 is works great.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
I rebuilt the database today and got a number of errors like below. These resulted in random episodes download outside of Media center not being identified.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at RecordedTVHDService.TVXML.WriteTVToDatabase()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)

The second issue is since it is now in the GUI anymore could you add the ability to search for missing episode information from TVDB. The manual add button makes you fill everything in.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
Is the final version available yet?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
IT Troll wrote
kfuller133 wrote
One more less important item.  The "Fix missing or incorrect" option is not in the settings menu anymore.  That came in handy ever once in a while.
In another forum Mark said,
Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically, BUT because of Media Center's older .net version it will be a huge major pain to get the stuff working in the "Fix Artwork or Identification Problem" section in the settings of the actual Recorded TV HD Media Center interface. I doubt that gets used much... I don't know if I've ever actually used it myself.
So I guess it got dropped.
I use RTVHD because I have a mix of files that are recorded OTA and others that are not.  I like how I am able to view both within RTVHD.  The problem for me is that some of the non-OTA ones do not get automatically identified.  I can see them in the tab of the settings app, but what are my options for fixing them now that I can no longer do so through WMC?  It would be really nice if there was a way to do this through the settings app, even if it was a manual entry of some kind.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
klarsen wrote
It would be really nice if there was a way to do this through the settings app, even if it was a manual entry of some kind.
You can already do this.  The Settings app allows you to manually identify a file. You enter the title, description and artwork. It would be really nice if this also had the option to search the online databases. But as it stands you have to copy and paste it in.

However, if you name the files correctly they should be identified automatically. It is worth checking at thetvdb and themoviedb sites exactly how they title them. I often find that themoviedb uses a different year of release compared to imdb. Whilst thetvdb sometimes adds to the title to make it unique.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
<quote author="IT Troll">
klarsen wrote
However, if you name the files correctly they should be identified automatically. It is worth checking at thetvdb and themoviedb sites exactly how they title them. I often find that themoviedb uses a different year of release compared to imdb. Whilst thetvdb sometimes adds to the title to make it unique.
Thank you for the reply.  I'm a little lost as to your comment here and I was hoping you could spell it out for me.  I was wondering how RTVHD tries to match against thetvdb.  Does it pass the filename and then thetvdb tries to match it, or something else?

Being a software nerd, I have begun writing my own .NET app to perform the functionality that was lost when that option disappeared from WMC.  It will be stand-alone, but I'm hoping to make it intelligent enough to try to parse the filename to determine season, episode, etc.  I don't have a lot of free time, so it will take a little while, but if I think it's worthy I'll share it for others to use as well.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
Not sure what is going on here.  I followed the steps on that post to try and get the files to be recognized, but it never displays the show under the Series Override tab.  I even tried putting it in as ID=XXXX.S01E01.mp4 and it still won't work.

Is there anything I'm going wrong or logs that I could go inspect?

TIA!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
If the file is named and matched correctly then it should just appear in the Media Center GUI. No need for any further override settings.

Have you checked that the show is actually listed a thetvdb or themoviedb site? If not then the only option is a manual entry.

If it is a show with multiple matches, then including the year the show first launched helps; e.g.

Battlestar Galactica (2003).S04E01.mkv

What is the show and how have you named the file?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
By the way, which version of the program are you using?  i.e. the link on the main page of the site, or the beta that's in this thread?  The reason why I'm asking is that some of my shows cannot be found, but the spelling matches TVDB or MovieDB.  When I switched to the beta in this thread, all of the shows were found with the exception of a dozen or so.

A couple of items on file naming:

If it's a TV show, look up the show at "Thetvdb.com".  If the show's title is "Ren & Stimpy (1991)", you will want to make sure your file says "Ren & Stimpy (1991)".   Usually my files are like this:

Ren & Stimpy (1991) - S01E01.xxx (extension)

However sometimes, even having the file named correctly doesn't work, another way is you can use the TVDB show id as the title.  For instance when I look up Gilligan's island, the show ID says 77345.

The file naming would be id=77345 - S01E01.xxx (extension)

For movies, you want to look up the title at TheMovieDB.org & make sure you use the same spelling & adding the (year) if it's part of the title on the site.  If the title on the site has a :  (I.e. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi), you can replace the : with a dash -

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
I did pull the beta as instructed in the thread by turning on the ability to check for beta updates.  It has updated automatically and the version is 2.0.0.

I have tried many variations of the filename and none of them have worked.  The show is Black-ish and here are some of the combinations that I have tried:
Black-ish.S01E02.mp4
Blackish.S01E02.mp4
Black-ish - S01E02.mp4
Blackish - S01E02.mp4
ID=281511.S01E02.mp4
ID=281511 - S01E02.mp4
No matter what I try, the files still show up in the Unidentified Files section of the settings app.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
I can see how the hyphen in the show name might mess with the parsing of the filename. But I would have thought ID=281511.S01E02.mp4 would work.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
IT Troll wrote
I can see how the hyphen in the show name might mess with the parsing of the filename. But I would have thought ID=281511.S01E02.mp4 would work.
Is there some kind of logging that I could look for or turn on?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I'll look into the problem, but if you want to turn on debug mode and get tons of messages in the event viewer add the following line right underneath the [Settings] line:

Debug=True

in this file:

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\GlobalSettings.ini

You'll have to restart the service after that.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

klarsen
MJT Software wrote
I'll look into the problem, but if you want to turn on debug mode and get tons of messages in the event viewer add the following line right underneath the [Settings] line:

Debug=True

in this file:

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\GlobalSettings.ini

You'll have to restart the service after that.
Thanks.  Here is what I get in the event viewer:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: valuemscorlibBoolean StartsWith(System.String)   at System.String.StartsWith(String value)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ScanAllFiles()
123456