Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

12345

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
I was able to duplicate the error message for Emby

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Can you please send me an episode name and original broadcast date for a couple of the files from each series that it identified incorrectly?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Very strange. I don't use Emby so I'll have to install it and take a look. Don't know why it would be doing this.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
Were you able to replicate the recording status issue?  I am also seeing allot of these in the event log

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/183411/6086537.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\House Hunters International_HGTVD_2017_06_21_21_30_00.wtv.jpg

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw wrote

Yes, I replicated the recording status icon not showing up properly and it will be fixed. Thanks for the info with the event log errors.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
I'm having it rebuild the database, as I moved those shows out of the scanned area.

A couple of bigger issues I'm seeing are shows that don't have the season & episode number populated, but the description is populated.

some examples are (Show Name - Episode Name - Broadcast Date (From RTVHD):

Bewitched  No More, Mr. Nice Guy  3/22/1967 11:00 PM
Criminal Minds - Profiling 202 1/4/17
Dog with a blog - How I met your brother.... and sister 12/26/16
Lab Rats: Elite Force - Home Sweet Home: Part 1 (1/2) 9/26/16
Lab Rats: Elite Force - Home Sweet Home: Part 2 (2/2) 9/27/16
Mr Belvedere - The outcast - 3/21/1985 11:00 PM

The above shows did have majority of the season & episode numbers populated.  The ones I listed Did not

Mork & Mindy does not have Season or Episode numbers populated.  Austin & Ally had the same issue.  I wonder if it has to do with the "&" in the middle

A few example titles:

Mork & Mindy - Hold That Mork! - 11/25/79
Mork & Mindy - In Mork We Trust - 3/14/1979 11:00 PM
Mork & Mindy - Mork Goes Erk - 2/8/79

NCIS has a few episodes with the Season number & Episode populated, however when I look at TheTVDB, the season & Episode number doesn't match

An example of this:

NCIS - Saviors - 11/10/15  Shows S8 EP 8.  When I look in TVDB, the S/E is 13-8
NCIS - Blood Brothers - 11/24/15  - Shows S2 E10  - TVDB shows 13-10
NCIS - The Wall - 3/28/17  Shows S3 E19  - TVDB shows S14 E19
NCIS - Grounded - 11/25/14 Shows S1 E9 - TVDB Shows S12 E9

The remaining episodes do not have the Season Episode populated.  Some example are:

NCIS - Hereafter 0 2/19/13
NCIS - Hometown Hero - 5/3/05
NCIS - Iced - 4/4/06
NCID - Kill Screen - 2/22/11

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
One other Issue I'm been having is RTVHD will randomly stop.  When I look at the event viewer this is the last few entries.  Usually when it happens, the last error message will be in the format of the first couple.

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/77683/254250.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\id=77683 - S2E12.wtv.jpg

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/77683/254251.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\id=77683 - S2E13.wtv.jpg

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/77683/254252.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\id=77683 - S2E14.wtv.jpg

Cannot set CommandText while a DataReader is active   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.set_CommandText(String value)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville wrote
[...]

I think all of the ones with a ":", "&" in the name will be fixed in the next release. They weren't getting encoded correctly when searching for the series and it was throwing an error.

For the rest of them... are these all WTV recordings? If they are non-recordings, can you please share the exact filename since those are going to get searched based on the naming convention?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
The show examples I mentioned that didn't have any of the Season/Episode numbers populated was native WTV files.

That being said, the file naming convention is ShowName.EpisodeName.ChannelNumber.WTV

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I attempted to install the new beta, and it uninstalled the old version but didn't install the new version.  Whenever I retry the MSI (using Run As Administrator), I get "Recorded TV HD Setup Wizard ended prematurely".  I don't see anything useful in Event Viewer.

MoRBiD

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
MoRBiD MaNGLeR wrote
I attempted to install the new beta, and it uninstalled the old version but didn't install the new version.  Whenever I retry the MSI (using Run As Administrator), I get "Recorded TV HD Setup Wizard ended prematurely".  I don't see anything useful in Event Viewer.

MoRBiD
I've been watching this post daily for updates. The last thing Mark said was...

MJT Software wrote
I think all of the ones with a ":", "&" in the name will be fixed in the next release.
So while waiting for the next release I'm seeing what kind of issues crop up before installing. I'm hoping that Mark releases a stable (maybe final?) version before the TVDB API v1 goes dark (v1 will be discontinued as of October 1st, 2017). So far the version of RecTVHD (1.9.5) I'm using is still working.

Fingers crossed!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mldenison
The Father Brown series on PBS no longer show the Season/Episode - they're now identified as 'Unknown' after recording.  This is not new but happened in the prior beta.

I installed the new beta and I've noticed that the programs being recorded no longer show that.  They look like the recording has finished.

Unless it's a setting somewhere.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I fixed the issue on my own.  I couldn't restore from backup (due to a more important process running), and I couldn't get it working by installing an older version.

Ultimately, I backed up my RTVHD install/settings directories, deleted the RTVHD directories, cleaned the RTVHD content out of the registry, installed 1.9.8 successfully, reinstated the backed up files into the RTVHD directories (but didn't replace any of the updated files), re-registered RTVHD in the RTVHD Settings, and reinstated my custom WMC Start Menu.

I did these things in stages, and everything seems fine now.  I will continue to test as time allows.

MoRBiD

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
MJT Software wrote
...except the button to fix identification issues inside of the Media Center section will not be coming back as mentioned above
I appreciate why the fix identification feature is being dropped from within Media Center. However, it would be useful if the unidentified files list was still available within the UI. With that, or perhaps some other indicator, you could at least see that you have got problem files which need attention.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
The unidentified list was still in the separate GUI program

Thank you for doing what the more unskilled of us are incapable of doing!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
Was just wondering on a guestimate when a new beta was going to be released?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Probably today or tomorrow. This will be an official beta release and should notify you of the update automatically through the system when you open Recorded TV HD (if you've got it checking for beta versions).

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I've released a new beta. It should prompt you automatically. I believe it's fixed all of the bugs reported so far.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
mayorville wrote
The unidentified list was still in the separate GUI program
Yeah, but you have to break out the keyboard/mouse just to check that. I run my HTPC with Media Center full screen 24/7.  So being able to quickly check within the Media Center UI with the remote is really useful. Just a little indicator on the screen to let you know you have unidentified files would be great.
12345