Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

123456

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Forgot to mention... You need .Net 4.5 or higher. I'll look into any issues you all have.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

2 questions:
1. Are you running 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows?
2. Do you have .NET 4.5 or higher installed?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
I have 64 bit Windows 7 Home installed & I have MS .NET Framework 4.6.2 installed

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Looks like I didn't update the Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the installer...

So I make sure that this will actually fix it, can you download this file:
http://recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Stop your RecordedTV HD Service and copy the DLL into C:\Program Files (x86)\RecordedTVHD\ and then start the service again. Let me know.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
Do you have link to the beta install? After the reinstall I hit ignore on the update.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
I stopped the service, & updated the JSON.DLL file & restarted.

This is the messages I'm seeing in event viewer

programdata = c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\

Unhandled exception: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckForDatabase()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)

Service started successfully.

At this point the DB file size shows 0 & it doesn't appear to be doing anything

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I'm obviously a little rusty with this. Sorry everybody. Thank you for being patient.
I realize what happened. Everyone... Please uninstall Recorded TV HD and then download and install this version:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
Looks like the new version is running but it looks like it's it pauses on downloading data?

For example, when I look at the DB file size, it stopped around 200 KB for a few minutes before the file size continued to grow.  It went for another 100 or so KB before stopping again & then continuing after a few minutes, etc.   Not sure if this is how the new API works or not.   This is just scanning the Recorded TV folder.

Besides that, the Event Viewer messages look to be normal:

Recorded TV HD is watching the following directories - D:\Recorded TV\

Service started successfully.

Could not find url for poster art for TVBID = 295851 - tried

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/295851/5701660.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Thumbs\Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks.Alvin's Wild Weekend.679.wtv.jpg

I am the only one who is having a issue with bookmarks on new shows?  Old ones are there but it is not creating new ones.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
Ok I found another Issue,  When I try to use the "Menu Strip Options" & when I get the Admin prompt, it says

The process cannot access the file C:\Program Files (x86)\RecordedTVHD\CustomRegistration.xml because it's being used by another process

CRF

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

CRF
I too am having problems with RecordedHD keeping track of what shows I have watched and where I have stopped since I upgraded to the new version.

At first, it stop showing new shows, but I fixed that by uninstalling and reinstalling RecordedHD.

Now, it see new shows, but will not update the database with the fact that I have seen a show, or the fact that I stop watching a show in the middle.  If I get out of RecordedHD and go back to WMC TV, it does detect that I have watched the show 1/2 way, and if I watch the entire shows, when I go back to RecordedHD, it will then detect that the show has been watched.  Also, if I stop in the middle of a show, the RecordedHD episode menu only gives me the "PLAY" option, never the "RESUME" option.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I've reproduced all of those issues. I'll investigate soon. Thanks.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

kfuller133
One more less important item.  The "Fix missing or incorrect" option is not in the settings menu anymore.  That came in handy ever once in a while.

Also my RecordedTVHD does not seem to auto start any more, but that happened before this update so maybe a Windows issue.  How long does the auto start wait after MC starts?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
kfuller133 wrote
One more less important item.  The "Fix missing or incorrect" option is not in the settings menu anymore.  That came in handy ever once in a while.
In another forum Mark said,
Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically, BUT because of Media Center's older .net version it will be a huge major pain to get the stuff working in the "Fix Artwork or Identification Problem" section in the settings of the actual Recorded TV HD Media Center interface. I doubt that gets used much... I don't know if I've ever actually used it myself.
So I guess it got dropped.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

kfuller133
I figured it was connected to the changes, but thought I would check.  Thanks for the quote.  It has been a while since I needed to use it so no big deal.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

All issues reported should be fixed in this version... except the button to fix identification issues inside of the Media Center section will not be coming back as mentioned above:
http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

It's got the same version number so you'll have to uninstall your current installation and then install again with the new msi.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
Thank you for your quick response. The only issue I see it's not showing that a show is currently being recorded.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
This post was updated on .
Thank you for the update.  I did find another issue.  I've noticed that on a couple of shows it will populate the show Title & Description from the Native .WTV files, but the season number & episode number is blank. These episodes actually have a title & Episode & they are not ones with the generic episode description
I did a uninstall & reinstall & having it create a new DB file.   I also noticed the same issue on .mp4 using the file naming Show - S##E##.

Show names:
Mork & Mindy
Austin & Ally
NCIS (It was thinking this was NCIS Los Angeles)
Criminal Minds (It was thinking it was another version of Criminal Minds)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

qwkteg125
Another issue with the latest version is that it breaks emby for windows media center.  i get a message that emby has crashed and i will be returned to the main menu.  once i uninstalled the beta it started working again
123456