Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

12345

Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
TheTVDB are planning to discontinue their old v1 API as of October 1st, 2017. This API is used to provide the content for TV shows in RTVHD.

This means that unless RTVHD is updated to use the new v2 API, it will no longer function after this date.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36557

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Thanks for the info. I still use Recorded TV HD so there's a chance I may update it so that it will keep functioning. No promises though

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw

How do we donate money to encourage you in this effort  :)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Totally up to you :)

https://cash.me/app/JTDSLVK and send to $MarkTerborg

or

https://paypal.me/MTerborg/

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
Paypal has a error?

Let's try that again
Looks like the link you’re looking for doesn’t exist yet. Or maybe it’s a typo?

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Strange... no matter what I do it's adding something to the end of the link. You can just copy and paste this into your browser:
paypal.me/MTerborg/

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

chrisdfw
Working and money sent :)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Thanks!!!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
There have been a lot of problems with TheTVBD servers recently; especially with the XML downloads which are sometimes incomplete. This is what prompted me to investigate and led me to discover that the old API is going to be discontinued. It is not clear if this is a problem with the XML output generated by the server or the hosting service. A couple of relevant links:

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37586
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37655

I have found that after a few days of not working, shows will be fixed. I then had to move any affected shows out of the monitored folder and then back in for RTVHD to retry the download from TheTVDB.

This is perhaps why they are keen to drop support for the old API.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

dsteinschneider
Not sure how this might relate but I switched from the WMC built in guide info to EPG123 which works great

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

muranoone
wow Mark you are a strange individual. create a pretty good app.. collect a fee for it and then quit...

the exact opposite of what I teach my little girls!.... Never give up!

Listen to the customers no 1 rule in business and if u are not feeling up to furthering the development of the app...go take a nap and let someone else work with the passion to improve the concept.

There are few things this app could use and should have implemented but your busy so I will let you go...
oh and did u ever find out what the issue was I submitted 2 years ago when the app would crash all the time (4-5) times a day ...don't worry u don't have to answer I wouldn't want you to strain yourself clicking the keyboard keys. I know customer service is a tough one sleep tight

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

Wow muranoone you must have had a bad day... let me brighten it for you. I've refunded your $15 you paid way back in 2013.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I've been working on this and hope to have a beta version out sometime in the near future.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

JMBurton2001
Hi Mark,

Forget about muranoone and don't let it bother you. I too purchased a lifetime license and knew going into it that you'd only support it until WMC was unsupported by Microsoft. Well, that time is closing in soon.

I've just rebuilt my Win7 HTPC and am going to use my setup for as many years/decades/centuries as I can. RecordedTVHD is an integral part of that. When you recently said,
MJT Software wrote
Thanks for the info. I still use Recorded TV HD so there's a chance I may update it so that it will keep functioning. No promises though.
and
MJT Software wrote
I've been working on this and hope to have a beta version out sometime in the near future.
I had hope that you hadn't completely abandoned the project. Even though I haven't lived in Indiana for some years, I was born and raised there and my roots are still there. I derive a great sense of pleasure whenever I meet a fellow Hoosier because I know that the vast majority of our heritage is rooted in integrity, honesty, hard work, and most importantly, Hoosier Pride.

When I received the message from Nabble I thought it was a phishing email until I visited the forum. My heart sank... I sincerely hope that you'll transfer the RecordedTVHD website and forum to a subdomain on your mjtwebsites domain (or one that you'll control into the future) and release any updates you might make.

Thank you for your consideration!

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

muranoone
yea don't worry about me .. I did not accept your refund.  never a bad day as long as im alive.. everyone is trying to sweet talk you thought I would put a little fire in ya.. I LOVE RECTVHD use it everyday in many machines and would LOVE to see the development of this app I have, and bet many other users have ideas and minor little issues that need some attention. my question is what would it take to have you get back on the app development? or what happen that u decided to let go? let us know.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

I released a beta version. Just turn on the update check for beta versions and try it out.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
This post was updated on .
Thank you for the update!!

I upgraded to the beta version & figured I would try to really test it out by B/U the files & deleting the DB file.  I've noticed that it hasn't tried to re-create the db file.

When I look at the Event Viewer, I'm seeing

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.GetConfig()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)

The above was in the event viewer 4 times in a row

Had to exit loop for getting TheMovieDB.org config information.

Unhandled exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at TvDbSharper.JsonClient.JsonClient..ctor(HttpClient httpClient)
   at TvDbSharper.TvDbClient..ctor(HttpClient httpClient)

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

If you haven't done so yet, restart the Recorded TV HD Service or restart the pc.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

mayorville
This post was updated on .
Actually I have tried doing both & same result

A little while later, I tried downloading the beta file from the link from this message:

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-beta-versions-tp4303829.html;cid=1497654486679-660

I uninstalled RTVHD - Rebooted & reinstalled.  Updated Event viewer is below:

programdata = c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.GetConfig()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)

The above was posted 5 times in the event viewer (The part that starts with Could not load)

Had to exit loop for getting TheMovieDB.org config information.

Unhandled exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at TvDbSharper.JsonClient.JsonClient..ctor(HttpClient httpClient)
   at TvDbSharper.TvDbClient..ctor(HttpClient httpClient)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)

Service started successfully.

Re: Bad News - TheTVDB API v1 is going to be discontinued

IT Troll
MJT Software wrote
I released a beta version. Just turn on the update check for beta versions and try it out.
Great news, I'll take it for a spin later today. I take it this includes the change for TheTVDB API, are there any other changes we should be looking out for?
12345