Background App Crashes

eclas
I was having problems and uninstalled RTVHD. I reinstalled and after installing (tried uninstall a few times), when I try to use the recorded tv button to bring up my favorite list I get this error..Could not launch Recorded TV Application.
However if I go to the main menu strip it functions fine.
On a side note when I uninstall it leaves a lot of info in the system.
I tried using revo uninstaller and scanned for everything. Even doing that RTVHD settings are all still in the system. I know this because my registration is not needed when reinstalling and my old settings are still intact.
How can I fully remove all traces of RTVHD and do you have any idea why I'm getting that error?

RE: Background App Crashes

You can get rid of the old settings by deleting or renaming C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD (or C:\ProgramData\RecordesTVHD)

Your product key should actually still stick when you do that even, but it's possible revo uninstaller could cause problems… I've heard that before.

Hopefully it works for you.

RE: Background App Crashes

eclas
Well, that fixed it. the background app is working again. Thanks