Automatically replace SD movies with HD once available.

Automatically replace SD movies with HD once available.

Keither5150
I have been a power user for about 8 years. I have been recording in HD ever since hauppauge's hd pvr came out. I am currently using the colossus cards. Once the movie collection becomes very large it is difficult to remember which movies are recorded in HD and in SD. It would be great if we could automatically replace any SD movie recording with the HD recording once it became available. You could also replace network run movies with premium channel run movies ( no commercials ) Many times I find myself checking the library to see if a particular movie is recorded in HD and from a movie channel. It took many years to get all of the Godfathers in HD on a premium channel.

I know that this seems like a small request, but when the movie collection comes close to 1000 movies, it is tough to remember these thing.

Other than that, your software is fantastic. I am not sure if it is hardware accelerated or not. It hangs sometimes or becomes non responsive.

thanks for your time.

Re: Automatically replace SD movies with HD once available.

Thank you for the suggestion. Just so you don't get your hopes up, if I do work on this, it will be a long time from now.

I am currently working on some stability issues. When you say it hangs or becomes non responsive does it crash, does the mouse allow you to do anything (if you are on the HTPC itself), any noticeable pattern? Are you running a beta version or the official release?

Thanks.

Re: Automatically replace SD movies with HD once available.

Keither5150
I am running the official release.  Sometimes I will get a message at the bottom right of the screen saying that "Recorded TV Hd is not responding and will now close"...... something like that. Also when scrolling left or right through the favorites, it will sometimes hang for a few seconds and then start working again. This does not happen while using the normal MC userface. The computer is more than powerful enough to run this type of software. dual core, 4 gigs ram, 6950 video card, windows 7 64 bit.

I will try to look for a pattern.  I will try using the mouse for scrolling to see if it hangs. I am running this on two machines with shared libraries if that helps. I have a total of about 1800 recordings between the two machines.

I do like your software better than mymovies and media browser. The favorite lists are what sold me on Recorded TV HD.  I can keep all of my kids movies separate. My six year old has no problems navigating through RTHD. I do appreciate you considering my request.