Artwork disappearing

12

Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
A few weeks ago most artwork disappeared from the menus. Over the weeks, I've manually added them back through the fix missing artwork menu option.  This morning, they are mostly gone again. What could be the cause and how can I resolve it?

Re: Artwork disappearing

IT Troll
I see this for time to time and there is a long thread about the issue here:
http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Some-movies-no-longer-being-identified-tp5708738.html

Periodically RTVHD checks the online database for updated artwork. What I think happens is that if there is a problem retrieving artwork from the database then the artwork can go blank. What sometimes works is if you use the "clear information" function within the GUI. This forces RTVHD to redetect and redownload the artwork.

However if the show/movie has been flagged as unidentified you have to delve a little deeper to correct the problem.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
Thanks, I read that thread prior to posting. This is affecting all but a few shows and movies, not just movies. It has happened twice now, yet the artwork appears to still be on the pc, in the folder it has always been.
In the gui I only see the option to clear individual series files. I've already gone through every series and manually added the artwork back. Now it's gone again, which is what has prompted my post.

Nothing has been changed on the PC. It worked fine for a bit over a year.
I am not deleting everything and starting fresh. That's a nightmare, and a waste of time without a reason or fix to keep it from happening again.
Without images, the feature is no better than the native wmc recorded tv.
What code matches the file to the artwork, and how can that link be reestablished. The files are there, it's the link that appears to have broken.

"Periodically RTVHD checks the online database for updated artwork. What I think happens is that if there is a problem retrieving artwork from the database then the artwork can go blank."
^shouldn't this then be fixed when the download runs next time? This has endured for some time now.

Re: Artwork disappearing

IT Troll
The TV artwork comes from a different website to the Movies and so it would be unusual for there to be a problem with both.

I guess it could be a problem with your database. It is this that links the graphics files to the shows/movies. Other than deleting this to start over, the only option is to take a look at it with a SQLite browser/editor. This is what I have resorted to with problem titles.

There is no public documentation on the database though so this is only an option if you are comfortable experimenting a little. I would definitely recommend you take a backup first though just in case you make a bad change to the database.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
Something else is definitely going on.

I deleted all images, but left the folders in place for the images. The few series that still showed artwork after aforementioned failure, still show posters and backdrops, even though there are no posters or backdrops in the storage folder......

where else could rtvhd be storing these images? it seems as if it has a secret location somewhere..... i checked in the program files folder, there are no artwork folders there.

how do I force an update from the tvdb? seems to be set to monthly in the GlobalSettings file. but its a true false setting, not a time editable field.

summation:
deleted all artwork in :\RecordedTVHD\Images
GUI still shows artwork for the few shows that were working after the initial fail.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
hmmm, seems rtvhd has resorted back to my C:\, when I had it, and the settings program still claims it is, pointing to another driver. C:\ is an SSD. I don't want my bookmarks and images there.

How do I stop this as the settings program still shows the desired driver, but is using C:\.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
not sure why i typed driver. meant drive.....

Anyway, I've searched the forum and there's only one clear request for info on, 'how to point the database to another drive'.....  which of course was unanswered.

I guess I'm down to deleting the db, losing all my favorites settings, and who knows what else. Awesome support. I'd still appreciate an answer, so when it happens again I don't waste more hours.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
deleting did nothing to change the situation. still no artwork.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
'3/1/2016 4:29:17 PM - Cannot find table 0.   at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.HideThisSeriesFromStandardView(String SeriesName, String MCID, String CurrentHeaderName)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.FillSeriesList(Object obj)
3/1/2016 4:38:26 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 4:55:24 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 4:56:14 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 4:56:55 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 5:07:25 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 5:09:30 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/1/2016 5:22:25 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/2/2016 8:24:12 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
3/2/2016 9:14:06 PM - Connection was closed, statement was terminated   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.CheckClosed()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.HideThisSeriesFromStandardView(String SeriesName, String MCID, String CurrentHeaderName)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.FillSeriesList(Object obj)
'

Re: Artwork disappearing

IT Troll
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I doesn't sound like this is the same problem I have experienced and so I can't really offer any more advice.

Unfortunately RTVHD is rapidly turning into abandonware.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Sorry for the trouble. I just read through your thread. When you deleted the database, did you stop the service first? That would have caused the problems listed in the message I'm replying to. If you didn't stop the service, delete the database and then start the service again.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
I always stop the service before muddling / changing. I did this time as well. I also fully restarted the PC after deleting.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
Turned off all extenders and shutdown media center. Stopped service. Deleted the Db. Removed the program. Reinstalled the program. Still no pictures. Only thing getting through are the thumbnails in the description. Please help. There has to be an easy answer. It appears from the code I posted earlier, that there is a problem connecting. Why? I have no problems with any other programs connecting to anything external.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
4/3/2016 8:28:24 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
4/3/2016 9:02:27 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
4/3/2016 9:54:24 PM - Connection was closed, statement was terminated   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.CheckClosed()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.FillSeriesList(Object obj)

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
"You are trying to connect through named pipes, but either the named pipe on which SQL Server is listening has changed from the default, or you are using the incorrect pipe name."

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
Just gave it another try. Removed every recorded tv hd reference, uninstalled, reinstalled. Allowed it to scan and still nothing but black screen and episode thumbnails. All the series are showing up in the series override listing in the settings program. It is not obtaining the series TVDB.com ID, even though when you tell it to go to the series search on the name from the UI, it finds it on the website.

How do we remove series from the override tab?
There are no override files in the folders.

I manually moved posters and backdrop thumbs to the correct folders in the program USERS folders. Still have a black UI.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Having the series listed in the series override tab is a good thing... that just means that it has recognized the files and read the metadata from them.

After stopping the service did you try to delete the whole RecordedTVHD folder under C:\Users\Public\ (or C:\ProgramData\) and start it back up? Or did you only delete the database? I would try to delete the whole folder.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
Thanks, I actually removed every reference to the program, including all folders, settings, etc. it's having a problem on the connection to tvdb, I posted the error on the forum. The named pipe is incorrect, it claims.

Sent from my iPod

On Apr 8, 2016, at 9:58, "MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Having the series listed in the series override tab is a good thing... that just means that it has recognized the files and read the metadata from them.

After stopping the service did you try to delete the whole RecordedTVHD folder under C:\Users\Public\ (or C:\ProgramData\) and start it back up? Or did you only delete the database? I would try to delete the whole folder.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Artwork-disappearing-tp5709265p5709296.html
To unsubscribe from Artwork disappearing, click here.
NAML

Re: Artwork disappearing

The named pipe is internal programming and would not effect the problem you are having. I don't see anything in any of the error messages that give me a clue to what is going on.

Do you have any anti-virus or 3rd party firewall installed? If so it is possible that one of them is interfering with the service reaching out to the internet. Can you try disabling them if you have them. The standard Windows anti-virus and firewall should not be interfering.

Re: Artwork disappearing

Ckur6
I only have Mse and the windows firewall.

Sent from my iPod

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Artwork-disappearing-tp5709265p5709298.html