All text is absent

ericnyc
I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and have installed the latest beta of Recorded TV HD. When I am looking at the list of shows, I see the red dots for recording and the checks for favorite, and I can select items without seeing what they are, but I am unable to see the name of the TV show anymore. The background is very dark so perhaps the font is the same color?

Re: All text is absent

Very strange... It is almost like the font is missing. Just to make sure that isn't it, please make sure that Segoe UI is listed in the fonts and we'll go from there.

Re: All text is absent

ericnyc
I can confirm that this font is present on my system.

Thanks!

e.

Re: All text is absent

Do you have any other Media Center addins/plugins installed where the text shows correctly? If not try to install the trial version of My Memories for Windows Media Center and let me know if the text shows up when you launch it from the extras menu.

Re: All text is absent

ericnyc
I also have the media browser plugin installed - it has the same font issue as HD TV.

Thanks,
e.

Re: All text is absent

Ok. So your upgrade to Windows 8.1 must have messed up Media Center in some way.

You should probably try to remove Media Center and then add it back by searching for "Turn Windows features on or off" from the start screen and toggling the checkbox "Windows Media Center" underneath the "Media Features" option.

Let me know if that fixes it. You might need to re-install Recorded TV HD after that.

Re: All text is absent

ericnyc
I went into the control panel and removed the WMC feature, then it rebooted, then I added it back. After a reboot to be safe, I went back in to WMC and TV HD is still there, and still has the font issue.

Thanks,
e.

Re: All text is absent

At this point I'm not sure what else to do. Since it is doing the same thing on other 3rd party addins it must be something with Media Center or Windows itself. I've reached out to some people who might have seen this before. I'll let you know if/when I get anything for you to try.

Recorded TV HD Forum

Do you have any extenders? Does it happen on the extenders as well? Can you try creating a new user account on the PC and login as the new user and try loading it up and see if the text is visible?