After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

RazzleyDazzleyGuy
Hello,

I have been using Recorded TV HD for quite some time now. A few months ago my HTPC became corrupted and required a complete rebuild.  Thank god for MCE backup and Recorded TV HD backups.  I rebuilt the system from scratch - used saved original downloads and activation keys and then ran the restores to get my schedules etc back.

Everything seemed perfect until the first launch of WMC. I have Recorded TV HD configured to auto launch on WMC startup.

I began scrolling through the shows and suddenly RTVHD froze up - stopped responding and WMC relaunched.
It seemed to work ok for the rest of the evening.

This behavior has persisted on each login.  I have repaired WMC. I have repaired RTVHD. I have downloaded the latest and run a repair install.

The behavior continues.

Other than this one thing WMC is ROCK SOLID! Can you please help?

Re: After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

RazzleyDazzleyGuy
Here are a sample of the Windows Application Errors:
The pattern is in three

1.) A generic error occurred in GDI+.   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/267889-1.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267889][!MCSeries!289507835.jpg

2.) Trying to create backdrop thumb error: c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267889][!MCSeries!289507835.jpgOut of memory.   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ResizeBackdropForThumbnail(String imagePath)

3.) The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\][Undercover Christmas.jpg

Re: After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

The application errors are with the background service and will have no effect on the Media Center interface. As for the freezing up and restarting of Media Center, I don't know how a 3rd party addin can completely crash Media Center, but I have seen it seem to happen before.

I'm not even sure what questions to ask to help narrow down the problem. It just seems that the way that Windows Media Center is communicating with Recorded TV HD is hitting a fatal error or something and I don't really think there is anything I can do about it. I don't believe I've run across anybody else having the same problem.

I know it would take many hours, but completely re-installing Windows may be the only solution. :(

Re: After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

RazzleyDazzleyGuy
I appreciate your candor and I agree with your assessment. Is there any potential in running an SFC scan to potentially fix any corrupt WMC files?  Would that hose RHDTV?

Still love the app!.

Re: After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

A SFC scan shouldn't mess anything up. Go ahead and try that. Hopefully that will work!

Re: After system Rebuild - Launch & while scrolling through recordings - Freezes and crashes WMC.

RazzleyDazzleyGuy
Guess what?!  The SFC scan worked.  Five days and no freeze up.

"2014-07-23 19:35:48, Info                  CSI    00000316 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:40{20}]"\??\C:\Windows\ehome"\[l:62{31}]"Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll" from store
2014-07-23 19:35:48, Info                  CSI    00000318 [SR] Repair complete
2014-07-23 19:35:48, Info                  CSI    00000319 [SR] Committing transaction
2014-07-23 19:35:48, Info                  CSI    0000031d [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired"