Adding old shows

tomstark
I'm a recent convert from BeyondTV and have lots of old shows I'd like to watch in MediaCenter.  I've converted the old shows into WTV format and they do show in MediaCenter but not in recorded tv hd.  With BeyondTV I simply put each show in the appropriate folder (drama, music, mystery, etc.) and could select that folder from BeyondTV which gave me a concise listing of relavent shows.  With recorded tv hd I can use the Genre function to do essentially the same.  However, for the older shows, the metadata is either missing or not adequate for recorded tv hd to recognize the show and I cannot add a Genre because the show doesn't appear.  I've tried to add to the metadata but with several hundred old shows, that gets a bit tedious fast.

So, all I'd like is the ability to add a Genre to a file that initially isn't recognized by recorded tv hd.  Then, I could use recorded tv hd as I can for recent shows that are recorded by MediaCenter and contain the metadata.

Re: Adding old shows

I understand your request and I agree that it would be nice to have a section to select and play unidentified files....

As to your Beyond TV files. When you converted them do they still have the Beyond TV naming convention? I used to use Beyond TV as well and if I remember right the file name is something like

"Series Name-(Episode Name)-Date Recorded"

If that is correct I can add it to the naming conventions that are supported and as long as those episodes are in thetvdb.com database they will populate correctly. If they are not in thetvdb.com database you would have to use the "unidentified files" section if I get that programmed as well.

Please confirm the naming convention and I'll see if I can get that added.

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

Certainly the bulk of the files do have that naming convention.  It would be a great help to be able to use the file names for the lookup.

Thanks again.

RE: Adding old shows

When you get the chance try out this beta and within a few minutes after installing your files with Beyond TV naming convention should start showing up.

File formats it should accept:
"Series Name-(Episode Name)-2012-04-03-0.wtv" (or any extension)
"Series Name-2012-04-03-0.wtv" (Only where the recording date is the original air date of the episode. Also can be any extension)

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup-1.6.18.msi

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

That didn’t seem to do anything (yet).

Below is a picture of a few of the files and none get imported into recorded tv hd but the ones with wtv extensions do show up under “Recorded TV” in MediaCenter.

When I go into recorded tv hd I only get those that either have been recorded by MediaCenter or those that I was able to “find and identify” in recorded tv hd by going to the settings (the wrench).   Also, the ”wait indicator” revolves and it seems to hang but clicking on the mediacenter symbol in the upper left does bring me back to the main menu.

RE: Adding old shows

1. In the settings have you gone to "Media Library" -> "File Types To Include" and included the other file types?
2. Some of the file names aren't exactly as shown in thetvdb.com, which is ok if the recording date is the original broadcast date for the episode, but if neither is correct they will not match.
3. When you talk about the wait indicator... when is that happening? Can you reproduce it? If so please send me the steps and the following file: "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db"

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for working with me on these things.

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

File is attached.

Thanks

RecordedTVHDdb.s3db (19K) Download Attachment

RE: Adding old shows

Works fine for me.... Sounds like a problem with either Roboform or UltraVNC.  Do you have either of those installed?

Here are a couple of links explainging:
Do you use Roboform?  If so, check out this thread.

UltraVNC -  Check out this thread.

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

That did it!  I’ve used Roboform for years and don’t think I’ve ever had an issue before now.

I cannot believe how responsive you are.

THANK YOU!!!

I hate to say this but I think I underpaid for the software considering your timely responses.  You have one VERY satisfied customer here in New Hampshire.

I’d happily be a reference or am willing to test future releases.

Thanks again.

Tom

RE: Adding old shows

Haha! Thanks for the compliments. You can send as much money as you want via PayPal to support@recordedtvhd.com .

I'll keep that in mind. I always wonder when I'm going back and forth with someone on an issue if they are just sick of dealing with the problem and want to quit or if they are happy that I'm trying to help them.

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

OK.  I sent you another $20 which is what I paid originally with your recent discount!

Thanks, again

Thomas P. Stark

564 Lakeshore Drive

PO Box 4

Elkins, NH 03233

603-526-6741

RE: Adding old shows

Wow! I really appreciate it! Thanks!

RE: Adding old shows

tomstark

I don’t think that anybody is unhappy that you’re trying to help.   There may be a fatigue issue where somebody just gives up. But, you’ve been so responsive that I couldn’t “give up” and I felt an obligation to give it a try-and- it was worthwhile.