Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

12

Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
I ripped my Spartacus Blu Ray the other day, and pointed RTVHD to it, and while it scraped the data about each episode just fine, it didn't put the Starz logo where it should be, instead just putting the text. I have My Channel Logos installed, but I don't have the Starz channel as a part of my cable package, so I think that's why it doesn't have the logo.

Can you make it such that RTVHD will get the logo for the channel anyway? It's kinda odd seeing the show listed, but not have the logo to go along with it.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

If you go to the episodes override in the settings program and set the station call sign to "STARZ" the logo should work.  If not let me know.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
It already was set at "Starz!".

Indeed, changing it to "Starz" without the exclamation point, fixed it.

But "Starz!" was what was scraped from TheTVDB. This presents a minor problem, if that's how the site names the channel, wouldn't anything from there not get the logo without manually editing it?

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

I can override it in my programming... Let me know if there are any others and I'll override those as well.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
Thanks for your help. I've discovered one other, Showtime.

It's simply shown as "Showtime".

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

Thanks. Should be good to go in next release.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
One more. The USA Network is "USA Network" on TheTVDB, but RTVHD only accepts "USA".

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

Thanks.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

danofun
Reelz scrapes as ReelzChannel
FXHD is scraped and not recognized (C:\ProgramData\MyChannelLogos\Logos\Color\fxhd.png)

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

Thanks.... Will be in the next release.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
I'd gotten an episode of a BBC Two program doesn't show up with a channel icon. I don't have any to test, but anything from BBC One may not as well.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

I don't see any BBC One or BBC Two logos in My Channel Logos database. All I see is BBC America and BBC World News.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
They're UK channels. Are things limited to US-only channels?

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

Understood... I'm just integrating with My Channel Logos and just saying that I don't see those there. I'm not really sure about whether other non US channels have logos with My Channel Logos as I haven't looked through the whole list.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
One more..........

"TBS Superstation" doesn't show up as "TBS".

Their new show Men at Work (terrible by the way) is listed in TheTVDB as being on TBS Superstation. I think they've done this to finally eliminate confusion between TBS Japan and TBS in the US.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
One more channel that's not showing a logo........Cinemax.

I have a couple of shows from that network that aren't showing the channel logo.

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

I don't see the Cinemax logo in the My Channel Logos database. Am I blind? :)

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
Heh, that would explain it. Odd.
Of all the channels not to have.......It's a popular channel.
I guess it must have never come up because they usually just play movies, and at night, softcore porn. There's very few actual original shows, but I watch Strike Back and Banshee, and its only now I've gotten to them, and noticed they don't have a logo.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't see the Cinemax logo in the My Channel Logos database. Am I blind? :)

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Adding-Channel-logos-that-aren-t-in-your-guide-tp5492882p5707817.html
To unsubscribe from Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide., click here.
NAML

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

SikSlayer
Two more............requested by my wife....."Lifetime" and "Style TV"

Re: Adding Channel logos that aren't in your guide.

No problem.
12