Add link to create custom recording

ryttingm
I have almost completely replaced the standard tv interface with this mod.  The one feature that I still need is the ability to create custom recordings either by keyword or by channel/time.  For that the only way I can figure how to do it is from the default tv recording screen.  If there would be a shortcut added to get to this schedule recording screen I can finally eliminate the default tv screen from my setup.  Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Add link to create custom recording

I can't take a user to the default interface that Microsoft provides. I may in the future provide this functionality by programming it myself, but I haven't looked into how easy/difficult this is yet.

Re: Add link to create custom recording

Beartlaoi
I also want this feature.  However after looking at the way MCE does it I think the initial version should have some added controls.
For instance, if I use their keyword search for "Fringe", it of course wont find what I am after but will instead find a bunch of junk not related.

I want this feature bad enough to offer help adding it.  I have experience programming in this kind of feature.  I worked on an old product called AccessDTV where I added the program guide, arranged contracts for data, wrote the import programs, search, and on screen display features.  Let me know if I can help with this.

Re: Add link to create custom recording

Beartlaoi
I went ahead and started on a search app.  So far it is successfully searching shows and saving and loading search criteria.  Next I need to add in the recording settings (like new/rerun, HD and such) and create the scheduled task part that does the auto scheduling.