Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

bdkneela
I was thinking it would be really helpful for me to have a shortcut in the Menu Strip that takes you directly to the default Media Center Scheduled Recordings area?

Also, not sure if this is even possible but could you make your own scheduled recordings area that included the ability to see what is recording on which tuner? I came from SageTV and there were some great viewes into what tuners were recording what.

Re: Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

It is a good idea.  FYI you can get to that scheduled recordings menu if you "click" on the "scheduled" header option.

Re: Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

bdkneela
Glad you think it a good idea. I do currently click on scheduled to get to that page, but it would be nice to access it from the menu bar directly.

Any thoughts on if making a view into what tuners record what makes sense?

Re: Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

If I remember right, I think someone suggested that before and I believe there is no metadata that I can get at that will provide information on what tuner recorded what.  I'll take a look again.

Re: Add Scheduled Recordings shortcut to Menu Strip

bdkneela
I wasnt really thinking in terms of metadata showing which tuner was used (although that would be a nice bit of info to have)

I was more thinking of a display that showed say your tuners in a grid at the top with hours on the side. then you could scroll down and see which shows would be recorded by which tuners in the future.

This is probably out of the scope of your current tool but thought I would throw it out there. I haven't seen anything like it so it could be something noone has thought of or it could be something you just cant do.

I can grab some screens of the layout SageTV has that does just this if you are interested.