Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

Beaker1024
This could be a really stupid question but I love having the regular (MCE recorded TV/ "TV" menu strip disabled) and having RTVHD "replace" it.

But I only know of using the MCE recorded TV option and at the top clicking on the "[+] Add Recording" to get the full list of options to add a new recording (even manual channel + time, by title, keyword, etc).

Where can I find the  "[+] Add Recording" options with the original MCE "TV" / "TV recording" menu strip disabled?

PS - Couldn't decide if this should be in Bugs or Feature request.  Kind of depends on the current status of how to get to this MCE feature.

Re: Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

It is not possible for me to send a user to that default Media Center location. I would have to manually program the whole thing myself and I still wouldn't be able to provide the full functionality. I do have the "hack" around to get the search functionality though. Not sure if you tried that.

The other option is to use Remote Potato to setup your manual recordings. I personally have never used that feature and either search for a recording or use the guide.

Re: Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

golaat
I also spent about 10 minutes looking for this feature. It would be really nice to have this functionality available under the scheduled recordings header -- I can view the recording scheduled, but I can't manage them from there.

The lack of this feature is the ONLY reason why I don't replace the regular Recorded TV settings with Record TV HD.

Re: Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

Beaker1024
I had even forgot that I started this thread.

I haven't missed this feature as much as I thought.  As mentioned you have easy access to everything except the manual record (by date/time/channel).  I have been running my setup with MCE original recorded TV hidden and only using RTVHD and have been very pleased with the setup.

Re: Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

golaat
Well, it would be nice if the 'Manage Recordings' header at least had a link to 'add a recording', which would bring up the search screen.

Re: Add Recording MCE options when MCE TV Recording Strip disabled.

barnabas1969
Mark, if the "add recording" menu isn't available in the SDK or via an entrypoint, could you at least add a way to get to the original Recorded TV entrypoint (even when the default menu strip has been removed) so that we can navigate to "add recording"?