AVAST IDing "GOTO____.exe" files as virus & Deletes

Beaker1024
MJT,

Thought you would like to know AVAST is marking your "GOTO___.exe" files as virus and trying to delete them!

See image:

Re: AVAST IDing "GOTO____.exe" files as virus & Deletes

Beaker1024
Downloading and installing Updates now fail if AVAST file scanner is on.

It says the same suspect virus is found in the *.msi file and prevents the download from completing (well after its downloaded it's immediately scanned by AVAST then it gets mad and you have the udpate fail.

Re: AVAST IDing "GOTO____.exe" files as virus & Deletes

Thanks for the info. Is there any way to submit a false-positive report to Avast? I don't have it and I'd rather not install it

Re: AVAST IDing "GOTO____.exe" files as virus & Deletes

Beaker1024
From what I can tell it should be as easy as:

Zip your Installer file *.msi or *.exe and send as attachment to:
virus@avast.com
Subject: False Positive Submission

Possibly password protect the Zip file and give the password in the message body.

Message body:
The sample is in a password protected zip file

I found this information at:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

Which has listing for a ton of different antivirus programs.

I've now added the entire c:\...\Recorded HD TV\ install folder as excluded but still is a pain on updates.

Also for some reason I keep losing the ability to press the button on my MCE (office) IR remote for "Recorded TV" and have it launch your program.  I can get it back by toggling the check box in your setting App, reboot and toggle it back to on.

Unfortunately it gets disabled again in a day or two.

Any thoughts on that one?