A Change to Choose Series Matching

SikSlayer
MJT Software wrote
Not sure of release date estimate yet... It will allow you to automatically find another match... here is a screenshot of what I've got so far (but it isn't fully working yet):

I love that this feature was added, but it only works with recorded TV content, and not downloaded ones. I Have a number of series that usually don't get recognized no matter how basic I get with the file names, and it'd be easier if I could just use this feature for it as well. I also wonder that if you did add this functionality to downloaded files, would it help to 'train' the detection to better detect the names on their own?

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

It works for downloaded shows for me.... I just tested it. I added a short junk video file with the series name typed wrong on purpose.... Went to the unidentified files, selected it, searched for a new series, typed in the correct name, selected the correct episode and it showed up.

Let me know.

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

SikSlayer
 It......suddenly IS there.

Does RTVHD require a reboot after updating, specifically from .19 to .20? I had a power outage over the weekend due to the rain, and I think the episode identification started working better after that point.

Either way, using the feature, I was able to identify the show, and episode, and it even renames the file, but it didn't add it to the list of recorded shows. It didn't have the episode synopsis, only the name. The previous episodes did, however. I checked thetvdb.com, and the data is all there, so I figure thetvdb hasn't propagated the info yet.

But as a test, I picked one of the previous episodes, and the same thing happened. It renamed the file accordingly, but still didn't add it to the list of recorded shows.

It is a beta, so who would I be to complain?

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

Can you give me a couple of file names where this is happening?  I will investigate.

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

SikSlayer
My database must have been corrupt, because I deleted every show in my database, and that fixed it, even though said shows weren't there. So, for me anyway, you've got a 100% detection rate. Except for Hawaii Five-0, but I already know there's 'issues' with that from reading other posts.

Thanks for all your help.

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

Not home right bow but one of them is a zero and the other one is an o.

Re: A Change to Choose Series Matching

SikSlayer
I think the main problem isn't so much the 0 vs the O, but the fact that the most common downloaded version of the new series is it usually has the year as a part of the name........

Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E21

as opposed to

Hawaii.Five-0.S02E21

Once I remove the year, its auto detected properly.

That's gotta be a pain to deal with. It might help with other remade series where the name is exactly the same, and this one is just uncommon enough to throw a wrench in the whole thing.