1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

12

1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

tradetek
I like the ability to manipulate some record settings from the episode, but here is some feedback...

Having a button to cancel the series recording directly below the button to delete the episode is scary... I think that if I'm not paying attention this is going to lead to problems with accidentally cancelling a series by accident even with a confirmation prompt because i don't really pay attention to them.

I think that this should be modified to a button to access the series record settings screen that has a very obvious visual difference where I then have to make additional selections in order to cancel the series or make any other adjustments to my series recordings.

Otherwise, great job!

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Another comment about Cancel Series --

I have Allow Deletions From Inside The Interface set to disabled.  I'd like to be able to disable the Cancel Series option as well via a parameter.

(Also, when Allow Deletions is enabled, I sometimes don't see the Favorites option in the interface.)

MoRBiD

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll see what I can come up with.
qqx

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

qqx
I've also been a bit worried about that at times.

My concern would be pretty much eliminated if you implemented my previous suggestion to skip the confirmation for recycling shows.  Then I wouldn't be in the habit of confirming the action without really looking at what's being asked.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Makes sense. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

LanceWebb
Maybe put "Cancel Series" to the right below "Favorites".  I watched my wife trying to delete a show and she scrolled right past "Recycle Show" and canceled the whole series!

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

The only problem with that is it will still go down to cancel series even if it is on the right side. Maybe I could put cancel series where favorites is now and put favorites underneath.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Random idea ... I could have an option to put a numeric code in before the series is actually canceled.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
MJT,

As long as you create the Cancel Series parameter so this functionality can be disabled altogether, I don't care how the Cancel Series functionality is configured. ;)

BUT here's an idea:
At least in List View, if you hit Delete when a show is selected, it will ask you if you wish to "Delete" all episodes of the show or "Cancel".  What if you modified the options to these?:

* Only Delete All Episodes
* Only Cancel Series
* Delete All Episodes AND Cancel Series
* Abort

(NOTE: "Cancel" is changed to "Abort" so as not to confuse "Cancel" with "Cancel Series".)

In case it's not obvious:
* "Only Delete All Episodes" would allow you to keep the series scheduled but deleted existing episodes.
* "Only Cancel Series" would allow you to cancel the series but keep existing episodes.
* "Delete All Episodes AND Cancel Series" would do both.
* "Abort" would do nothing.

I think this would be a great way to organize this functionality.

MoRBiD

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
And that would leave the individual episode's screen as:
* Play
* Favorites

And would hopefully eliminate the accidental cancellation of the entire series.

MoRBiD

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

I think you may be on to something.... Thank you for the suggestion!

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
In case what I mentioned previously can't be done from the remote, here's what I recommend:

If you hit Delete when a show is selected, it would provide you with these options:
* Delete All Episodes
* Cancel Series
* Delete All Episodes AND Cancel Series
* Abort

If you are on the episode screen, it would provide you with these options:
* Play
* Favorites
* Delete (if enabled in the interface)
* Other Options (if enabled in the interface)

"Other Options" would take you to a sub-menu that provides these options:
* Delete All Season 1
* Delete All Season 2
* Delete All Season 3
* Delete All Season # (etc. up to the final season)
* Delete All Episodes
* Delete All Episodes AND Cancel Series
* Cancel Series
* Abort To Previous Menu

MoRBiD

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

tradetek
In theory this sounds okay, but as I think through it... it sounds like a bit of extra to just delete an episode that I just watched which is a pretty standard practice for 90% of the shows that I record...

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Here is the idea I think I will implement... at least as of right now....

The delete/recycle button will be there just like it always has. I will put a more button underneath it that will slide out a bunch of options described above.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
How would it be a bit of extra to delete an episode?  The Delete option would be in the same spot.  If MJT adds the More option like he's talking about, the "advanced" delete/cancel features would just be in a sub-menu.  The Delete option would still be accessible as normal.

MoRBiD

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Please try out the latest beta and let me know what you think:

Latest beta info and download

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

tradetek
I like the new presentation thanks!

Although it is worthwhile to note that cancel series is not displayed in my more options "drop down". Did you make a master override to hide that option as requested by another user?

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Yes, it is hidden if you do not allow deletions in the interface. Is that the case for your setup? I should either make it 2 separate options or mention that it does both.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

tradetek
No, I allow deletions and see different levels of delete options as shown in the attached image, I just don't see cancel series.

Re: 1.7.7 Cancel Series from Episode Feedback

Can you check other series and see if you see the option on one of those? It looks through the list of current series recordings and then checks to see if the currently selected series name matches. If for some reason the name is different it wouldn't show the cancel series option.
12