1.7.19 Find a missing or unidentified file

1.7.19 Find a missing or unidentified file

MalibuDave42
This post was updated on .
I see the list of unidentified files, select one (America: The Story of Us (ATSU)), select the Search for Others icon:

1. BUG: It places the file name in the search box, but the cursor is invisible

Press search, no results. Re-type a new search ("the story of us"), several results appear, click on the correct one (ATSU), get a new list to identify the episode, scroll to the correct episode (Boom), the correct episode is bold (others are dimmed), press enter, RTVHD moves me back to the Fix Identification Problems menu, press back returning to RTVHD 2 rows home page

2. BUG: the newly identified series (ATSU) is not listed

Press back from RTVD home page to MCE main menu, select RTVHD, I now see 3 identical icons representing the 3 shows I identified in Find a missing... menu. All have the same ATSU icon.

3. BUG: All 3 shows are in the series, they should be represented by 1 icon

While discovering these bugs, I did do this action 3 times, hence the 3 shows/icons. The 1st time, all seemed good  but I did not see the icon in the main menu list, so I did the process again. Not seeing the 1st show icon, I chose Search of Others icon.

Once I had an icon, I continued to work down the 13 episode list. Once I got about 8, MCE reported RTVHD is unresponsive.

4. Bug: RTVHD crashed after recursively doing the same identification task.

Final state - 3 Icons on the home page, each with only 1 show. All 13 episodes are NOT in the list of unidentified shows.

5. BUG: 13 episodes should be showing up somewhere -- they are gone (from the UI)

Question: What should I do to get my series viewable/playable?

UPDATE: I rebooted my system. I now see all episodes, each with it's own ATSU icon (all icons are the same image, there are 13 of them). Plus, --this is a weird one-- another unidentified show (Seal Team 6) previously shown with a blank orange icon is gone. When I go to Find Missing.. there is only 1 series icon to choose. It's of "Seal Team 6" which I NEVER identified to RTVHD. It should still be unidentified.

Re: 1.7.19 Find a missing or unidentified file

1. Since Media Center programming doesn't included a TextBox control I had to make one and there is no such thing as a cursor :) The only think you can do is backspace.

2. Not sure how much time you gave it, but the background service does the identification process and sometimes it take a little bit more time than you expect.

3. Not sure why they are listed multiple times, are they listed multiple times under different header options or just under "date recorded" or what? If they show up under multiple series items you can combine them in the external Recorded TV HD Settings program when you go to edit a series from the list. Please let me know if they are all named the same series in the Settings program or if they have different series names.

4. Not sure why it crashed. The event viewer may give some information... either under applications -> media center or under the standard applications section.

As for Seal Team 6, I'm not understanding what you are saying exactly. Hopefully all is identified and well.

Re: 1.7.19 Find a missing or unidentified file

MalibuDave42
1. OK, but counter intuitive.
2. I understand what you are saying, will give it a try. Though, counter intuitive when processing the missing shows.
3. As I tried to find a work around, turns out you are coping in the file name for the series name NOT the series named identified from the retrieved selection list. Therefore, each of the series has a different series name so they don't align under one series.  e.g. The Story of Us-Boom.ts; The Story of Us-Bust.ts become series names vs The Story of Us with 2 series Boom and Bust - follow me?
4. Will see if I can find something and pass it along.

Seal Team 6.. yes that was really weird and very hard to describe. It's almost like the database pointers got confused. I think have work around the bugs -- mostly

Thanks for your impressive responsiveness.