1.7.18 Episode descriptions are weird...

1.7.18 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
This post was updated on .
Example... Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Ep 1 "33" description from thetvdb.com is:
"In the wake of the Cylon sneak attack, the ragtag fleet of human survivors is forced to play a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with their pursuers. Every 33 minutes, they make a jump to a new location. And every 33 minutes, the Cylons manage to find them. The pilots are on the brink of exhaustion, relying on artificial stimulants to keep fighting, and the civilians are beginning to doubt the leadership of Commander Adama and President Roslin."

In the RTVHD interface the episode is identified correctly, but the description is in what I assume to be Spanish and from what little I can make out easily for the wrong episode.

Show was recorded from BBC America in HD using WMC and HD Homerun Prime with Comcast Xfinity

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

TheMayor
How exactly do you have the file name for the show in question?

When I look up Battlestar Galactica (The version that contains the episode that you mentioned), I see TVDB uses the same id for all of the languages.  If your file format is "Battlestar Galatica (2003).1x01", that it's probably matching on the first entry (language Cestina) & bringing in that entry.  If the format is like I mentioned, I wonder if you were to change it to be "Battlestar Galactica (2003) - S1E1 - 33", if it would detect right.

My question is, does the program default to the first record it finds, or if it defaults to bringing in the english version.  If the first record, then i'm wondering if it would help to add a desired language & secondary language, which the end user can select, which the program would try & find the shows that have that language.  The secondary could be used if the first language was unavailable.

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
Sorry, just to be clear... these files are not imported into the system, they were recorded by WMC and RTVHD is not identifying them by their file names, it is using their WMC metadata.

It has correctly identified the show, episode and series, but for some reason is getting the spanish description from a completely different episode.

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

On recorded WTV files it should always pull the metadata from the WTV file itself. Can you check what is in the "Program description" field if you right-click on WTV file go to properties and then the Details tab?

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
Okay, so I found the offending property value on the wtv and updated it with the correct info from thetvdb.com.

After not seeing any changes in the RTVHD interface, I restarted the plug-in and still no change. Let it sit for an hour with no change.

Verified that the property change actually took in the wtv file and it all looks good with the updated correct info in place.

Restarted the machine and still has the bad metadata... so now the question becomes... how do I get the metadata to update in RTVHD now that I have it updated in the WTV file?

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

Move it out of the watched directory so it doesn't show up and then move it back in.

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
MJT that resolved the description issues, but when I imported it back in I noticed that the viewing status was maintained which indicates that you are maintaining that info in the database and not clearing it when an episode is deleted which means your database is getting cluttered and possibly contributing to some of the other issues that have been creeping up...

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

Resume data is stored in individual text files and are not in the database. They shouldn't be causing any issues.

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
Can you tell me where that is either here or in an e-mail if you don't want people mucking about in it. I use multiple machines to watch the same files and want to sync the playstate if possible. And would love to take a crack at automating this even if it is just a one off for my own purposes.

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\bookmarks

Re: 1.7.13 Episode descriptions are weird...

tradetek
Thanks!