1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

tradetek
I have started ripping TV box sets and adding them into RTVHD and if I start them using RTVHD and then stop them when they are finished using my remote, RTVHD crashes, sometimes taking down WMC with it.

Note if I don't stop the "disc" from playing and simply return to the RTVHD interface using my back button and then stop the disc which is still playing in the background everything seems to work fine.

I don't think that this is a WMC issue becaus everything works fine with VIDEO_TS rips using WMC natively and Media Browser which is what I use for all my movie rips.

Note all movie and TV Box set rips are done the same way using DVD Fab.

Let me know what logs and/or additional details you need.

Re: 1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

Strange.... I just tested and it seems to work fine.

When I first set up the support for the VIDEO_TS structures I found out that there is a crazy Media Center bug where when you stop playing of the dvd structure it would seem to just hang there until you pressed the back button. I've attempted to fix that by returning the user to Recorded TV HD after playing stops, but you may notice a slight delay.

At this point I'm not sure if that is causing any of your issues or not because it seems to be working fine for me.

Re: 1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

tradetek
Behavior is consistent if I hit the stop button on my remote for the "disc" being played, the video stops, returns me to the RTVHD interface for a second or two and then crashes WMC.

I've been playing discs ripped using DVD Fab through WMC via Media Browser for about a year now so I know it's not a WMC or disc ripping issue, per se... That doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a difference in my disc structure is significant though.

When I rip a disc, I only take the main movie, English 5.1 audio track, and English subtitles. This gives me full menu support for the disc, and all normal subtitles, like when an English movie has somebody talking in German but they didn't embed the English subtitles into the movie because it has been translated into other languages so they put into an special subtitle track (discovered that the hard way and had to re-rip most of my library, DOH!)

Also, all my metadata is managed by Media Center Master if that causes you any issues, but not for the TV box sets since typically since they don't really have searchable metadata...

Re: 1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

Ok so it does go back to Recorded TV HD... but then crashes a second or two later. When I first read your description I wasn't sure if it was going back to Recorded TV HD or if it was just stuck on the video screen or what. I didn't see that in my testing, but I'll look into it now.

Re: 1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

tradetek
Okay, so the recycle bin has been disabled for a few days now, and the machine has been rebooted a few times and I have had the system successfully stop once out of 3 times from a DVD file.

That time, after pausing on the episode screen after stopping the disc file, it ended up dumping me back to the main RTV screen with all the series displayed.

On the other two times, the behavior was the same as before, after stopping the disc file, it returns me to the episode screen then pauses for a second or two then crashes WMC.

Re: 1.7.13 Crashes after stopping a VIDEO_TS files

tradetek
Sorry, meant to add that I noticed that the unidentified files screen is showing me both the actual VIDEO_TS folder as well as the .rtvdvd file, so I made sure to try using the .rtvdvd file as what was selected as the unidentified file and I think that was one of the attempts that worked successfully, but I do know for a fact that the system still crashed even using it as a what I selected as the unidentified file.